Problem with tail lights on Starcraft Popup

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luisram

Hi:

I have a Starcraft 1993 Meteorite Popup and a Jeep Compass 2007 car. Since the Compass has the brake light and signal light separate, I had to purchase a converter to use the standard 4 flat plug. When I use a tester to see if my connection is neat, everything works perfectly (talking about Compass connection here) but when I connect my car to the camper the signal lights work good but if I push the break the break lights on my Jeep and on the camper flash twice and then go off. Also if I switch to night light the night lights on the car and the camper flash twice and go off. Any help on this? Something is not working properly on the camper, I think.

Thank you,

Luis R.

Thanks 007 for the advice. I removed all the light bulbs and started to measure the Ohms. Everything appears with no short. Then I pluged a 12v battery to the same 4 pins plug with no lights giving power to each terminal at a time. Each one had the 12v without problems. I will clean the ground tomorrow to see what happen. Until then...

Getting on my nerves...  :mad:

I have redone the ground today. No luck. The problem is when I add the left side tail light to the circuit. I think is a short but I cannot find it.

Take off light fixture and look behind it and the wiring connections could be you need a new light fixture if to much corrosion.

007 said:
Take off light fixture and look behind it and the wiring connections could be you need a new light fixture if to much corrosion.
Both tail lights are new. I saw another blog where a guy had the same problem and he had to ground both tail lights with a cable to the original ground. I will try that when I come back from church.
TKVM

Your battery ground should be connected to the metal frame of your PUP.
Thats something that should be checked for a good clean connection, if its loose will cause all your problems, use a star washed to hold connection to frame and di-electric grease to protect it.

I went to an electromechanics shop and the person told me that the Hoppy taillights convert doesn't work with my Jeep Compass. The computer monitors everything on the car even the amount of current needed to light the bulbs. So he recommend me to install a OEM cable that supply 12V directly from the battery. The OEM is $140.00 itself. I went to a manufacturer website that makes cables with OEM plugs. I just ordered it. Lets see how this soap opera ends. Until then.

Back
Top Bottom