Good Warranty news

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Art In Mobile

When I bought my 06 Voyage from a local dealer now out of business, he told me my Ford warranty was 3 years for engine & drive train.  Well I only have about 4 months left. I only had 2 problems, Cruse control not working, & oil & freon leaking from my engine A/C compressor. I found & fixed the cruse control myself. (Changed out the brake switch in the rear brake line). I wanted to have the a/c compressor fixed so I called to make sure it was covered. Ford had my vin number on file and told me it was. He told me who to use here in Mobile. Then he said you bought your RV in Dec. 06 when Ford was trying to help the RV manufactures sell more units and during that time Ford ran a campaign of extra warranty protection on engine & drive train for 5 years or 60,000 miles! I don't know all the particulars about it but I qualify The extra 2 years does not cover A/C or cruise control things (only engine & drive train). The reason I am putting this post here is I was never told I had the extra warranty by my now defunct Rv dealer & there may be some other Ford chassis  on this forum bought around that time and you may have more warranty than you know about. My problem is now, as the warranty has not expired I have lost my excuse to trade up. Can I trade up just because I don't like the color? Art

Art In Mobile said:
I found & fixed the cruse control myself. (Changed out the brake switch in the rear brake line). Art

Ford has a massive recall out on the cruise control system. I don't recall what years/models are affected but many, many are.

You might like to check that out!!!

Yes a large recall. The cruise control switch would leak into the contact area and somehow catch fire. Mine was not on the recall list but the switch did quit working. When I replaced it I dissembled the old one and found the points pitted. It is a normally closed switch but read open with my meter. Art

Back
Top Bottom