Toilet mod ideas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luisram

Hi again:
I have a Coleman portable toilet that I'm thinking to convert it to a fixed toilet connected to the sewer. I found a 3" rubber elbow that can be connected in place of the black water tank cap down to a hole on the floor but, I need an y ideas for a valve to hold the black water enough time inside the tank to have it decomposed before I open the valve connected to a standard sewer hose. I'm also planning to redirect my grey water close to that valve. Any ideas very welcome!!!!!!!!!!!

Living the RVing experience.

Do you have a vented holding tank? Without a vent I'm afraid it may get a little ripe in the trailer.

Jeff said:
Do you have a vented holding tank? Without a vent I'm afraid it may get a little ripe in the trailer.

Not a single holding tank on my popup. What I can say is that I have the portable toilet sort of installed (I mean in place) in the storage to the right of the door and been using it for three days in a row (hot weather) and not a single bad odor inside the camper. I think that having an A/C is helping to keep the gases "smooth".

I would stick with your port-a potty because of health reasons for family.  Save your money for class-c or a  which are designed with holding tanks.

007 said:
I would stick with your port-a potty because of health reasons for family.  Save your money for class-c or a  which are designed with holding tanks.

What I was thinking is to ease the work to dump the portable instead just turn a valve on the outside and dump it automatically. If I buy a cassette one I have to still do the same procedure to dump it. Thanks for the advise. Could you be more specific on the health part?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoyL57
Back
Top Bottom