How to report scary customer service

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rvgirl50

Hi - I've been a fulltimer in a park for about a year. It's been a wonderful place but I planned to move on in November. I've noticed that in some parks, staff can become nasty and backstabbing about fulltime residents, even though they depend on them through the lean months. I think it's an over familiarity that breeds contempt - but it's not always the case.
I am a single woman alone and a female staff member of the RV park has a son who works as a groundskeeper. The son has really racist decals on his car. The decal is a WWII German helmet with the two lightening bolts of the SS on a skull. He also has the words "Waffen" written at the bottom. For a long time, I didn't know who the car belonged to since her son started working here a few months ago. Yet, as a relative of a holocaust survivor, I notice those things. I asked another groundskeeper who the car belonged to and he said it belonged to the son of the female staff member.

I should have walked away - I didn't. I asked if the kid was a member of racist extremist group. This park is owned by the Native Americans but this kid is not Native. The groundskeeper said the kid put the Indians down a lot although he worked for them. The mother of the kid works at the front desk and when she found out I had asked if he was a member of a racist group, I came to get my mail and she tried to hit me. The manager had to hold her back from physically assaulting me until I could get out. She was in a total rage - like she was nuts. The manager called me and apologized for her behavior. I reported the incident to the Tribal council who owns the park. The manager is apparently angry now too, because she didn't fire the woman but tried to convince me to not report it to the Tribal council. I could not do that. Last night, the manager (a woman and non-Native) told me that if I was uncomfortable in the park, I should leave. She was very nasty. I told her I was uncomfortable because her employee tried to hit me - anyone would be.  She had her hand on my RV door and pullled it back and slammed it in my face as hard as she could. I caught it before it hit me in the face. I'm leaving the park but how do I deal with this when I leave? Who should I contact?

No one.  Go now, do not delay.  Any further interviews should be handled with the police there.  But get out fast and put distance between you.

Seconded. You are clearly dealing with lunatics. The best way to win a street (er. . .campground. . ) fight is to not be there.  It might not be a terrible idea to have a cop there while you're packing up outside.

I concur with Carl and shadowfax. You are well advised to get out of there. Those folks are violent, already. You just haven't been injured, yet. You also risk vandalism to your property. Don't wait for November.

If you feel compelled to report to someone, you have done well, so far, with the Tribal Council. Get out now, report later.

Ray D  :-\

Care to name the park and location?

Thanks very much for your advice. I agree with you. I am going to leave.

As my dad says, "You can't have a pissing contest with a skunk." It's crass but I think it applies.

RayD, I will definitely post the name and location of the park as soon as I'm out of here. I'm scared to do that now. I don't want this happening to anyone else - although I'm sure it has and I just don't know it.

Get out now. Make a written report, roughly what you wrote here, to the Tribal Council.  You might want to notify the local police of the violence as well. The police can't do anything because no physical attack occurred, but they can be made aware of the threat.

Since you have been threatened already and are in fear for your safety, I believe most police or Sherrif's Dept's would willingly send an officer to be present while you pack & then leave.  Better that than a 911 call later.  And, the presence of an officer would maybe get a message across to the Tribal Council there was potential trouble brewing.  Then, once your gone, submit your report/complaint to the Tribal Council with a copy to the police/sherrif.

And, as already suggested, get out ASAP  :-\

Where in the world is this park? Just for future reference, to avoid this place.

Mariekie

Go NOW!  Then file a report with Tribal LE.  They should know about this pair and can work with the tribal council on your behalf.

It could be an assault even if there is no contact. Threats can be illegal. Let LE decide. Report, leave and good luck to you. Thank you for warning others.

rvgirl50

As the others have advised, get out of there as soon as you can. And for the rest of us, please do a review at www.rvparkreviews.com so we are forewarned if we might be planning to visit that location.

Since you are noi tribal land in the park, get the tribal police to monitor the situation as you pack up and leave.  The local  police have no jurisdiction on the tribal land. 

I second the urgency that the others have stated about LEAVE NOW I have been in Law Enforcement Dispach for 9 years and have learned alot about the laws. In most states threats with the intention to insite fear are against the law. Some states mor lenient than others in North Carolina It is a misdominor. Either way get away from the threat, the Police report can be made after you and your property are out of the park. Please protect your self by leqaving as I have taken  to many calls to prove that the violence will probly escalate if you stay.

Safe travels to all,

Phil

RVGirl,

I have been a LEO over 19 years and just want to give you a perspective from a LE point of view. First understand that I work for a big city so typically we go from run to run. I think everyone is correct in that you shouldn't wait. Get out now. It's not worth the heartache. I can tell you that when we go on  domestic and disturbances that conclude with someone moving out, we will not stand by while a person wants to move everything they own. It is just too time consuming for us. What I would recommend is packing up everything you have that can be done without drawing attention to what you are doing. When you think it is about to become obvious of what you are doing, then call for police to stand by while you finish. If it is about 30 minutes, no agency should have a problem with that. Though, if you need more time you might try to go the the police station beforehand, explain the situation, and try to make pre arrangements to have an officer stand by. Remember, I work for a big city so it's more likely that you are living in an area that isn't nearly as busy and it may not be a problem. Also, what would be beneficial is to plan the move during the slowest part of the day for LE. 8am to 3pm. I hope that helps a little.

P.S. Based on your description of the kid, LE in the area may already be familiar with him which would make your situation a little more understanding for LE.

It's been 13 days since she posted and I'd like to hear the outcome and how she handled it.

ArdraF

Back
Top Bottom