RV Tires...where to buy?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rdogsdad

I will making a quick trip to Phoenix next week to pick up a new to me 97 Bounder.  Would like to replace the tires before returning home.  Where do you go to buy RV tires?  Should I be looking at a Discount tire, or Belle, or go directly with an RV dealer?  How much can I expect to spend on all 6?  Thanks to all in advance.  Think I'm going to spending a lot of time here in the RV community!

Hi Rdogsdad,

I have never used them but have heard Les Schwab is a good place to buy tires. I think they might be in the Phoenix area but am not sure. I know they are in OR but that's too far. :)

I've been real pleased with Discount tires.  Tire repair and rotation are free. I think they will quote you a price over the phone so you can call them.  I bought tires from them a few years ago for my pop-up and have used them when I replace my truck and van tires too. If you don't leave near them, maybe the service doesn't mean that much, but to me, the free service after the sale has meant a lot.
Jake

Les Schwab doesn't have any dealerships in Phoenix and Discount is great on car tires, but isn't really equipped for trucks. S&S has a few dealerships around town and I've been satisfied for light truck tires. There is a major truck tire dealership near downtown (don't have access to phone book or other references here in Winnemucca) around McDowell and 21st Ave., near the intersection of I-1- and I-17.

I bought my last pair of tires from Wingfoot in Phoenix.  As to cost, what size tires are you looking for?

Discount Tire in Phoenix shows the Michelin in the 235/65R-16 size as $145.

Bernie said:"There is a major truck tire dealership near downtown (don't have access to phone book or other references here in Winnemucca) around McDowell and 21st Ave., near the intersection of I-1- and I-17.'

I've dealt with this tire shop and can recommend them. The location, as I remember it is at the corner of McDowell rd and I-17, with entrance on northbound frontage road.

I think that may be the Wingfoot store that we bought our last 2 Goodyear tires from.

Hi Rdogsdad,

I have been using Discount Tire in the Denver area for some 20 + years now ... they were the first ones I could find who used a torque wrench on the lugs ... was getting tired of needing new lugs back then.  ;D

I have been very happy with their service over the years, in fact tires are probably about the only thing I don't shop or over shop for.  Having said that when I needed to replace the tires on our used mh I did shop around for Goodyears ... Wingfoot, Farm co-op and Discount.  Got the G-670's from them and price was competitive (and they said they would match).  We have the 225/70R/19.5's and they have been just fine so far, due for a rotation which will be no charge.

So I would recommend Discount ... there may be stores that aren't equipped to handle the motor homes but mine seemed to have no problem. 

Howard

Back
Top Bottom