Turning on the porch light.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Blueewe

I have a recently joined the ranks of RV owners. I now have a 2002 Journey DL 32T. While checking out all the lights on the coach I noted that there is what appears to be a second ?porch? light about ? the way down the driver?s side of the coach. Will someone tell me where you turn on this light? It doesn?t come on when the porch light on the access door side of the coach is on. I have pulled the light bulb out and checked to make sure it is good. Is there something I am missing? There isn?t any mention of this mystery light in the owners/operating manual. Any insight would be appreciated. 

Thanks 2002 Journey 

I believe it is called a "Service Light". On my rig it is turned on by a switch inside the Service bay, i.e. tank drain bay. Allows you to see when you are fumbling in the dark with the sewer hoses.

Give it a try.

On a little side note: If you have the sliding switch type, it may help to operate the slide switch many times back and forth as they have a tendency to internally corrode a bit and become unreliable, on older rigs.

carson

Comment on the side note:

I have many low-end rocker switches in my rig (one of the areas where Damon did not go 1st class) and they like to be "Exercised" from time to time too.  REcommendation is you REMOVE POWER before doing that, EIther disconnect the batteries at the disconnect switch, lift the negative terminal or pull the fuse.

In my case I removed the switch (Since it was the disconnect remote) in one case,, In other cases I use assorted methods (Operate the newly cleaned disconnect switch, or pull a fuse or pull a wire on the device controlled)

Works great.. Most switches these days are self cleaning (Meaning the contacts wipe each other off when operated w/o power.. With power they may arc and make it worse)

OH, I know you have a winnie.. but on my Damon the porch light is on/off/on  The 2nd on turns on the service light.

On my 2000 Journey the switch is in the service bay and it also turns on the light inside the service bay - driver side rearmost compartment. I assume Winny's thinking was when you are hooking up in the dark you would have a little light as Carson indicated.
Ron

BINGO! ?Service Light? it is. You guy?s were right on top of it. This Form is better then the owner?s manual.  Thanks for the reply to my post. It?s good to not be in the ?Dark? any longer. 

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dlord
Back
Top Bottom