99 Discovery diesel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

westminster

At the suggestion of many people, mostly you folks, I have been considering buying a used motorhome instead of a new one.
I have found 2 Fleetwood Discovery diesels, both 1999 models, with around 50k in mileage.
both are around $70k
Has anyone owned or driven one of these coaches?
It has the 275 Cummins 5.9, and will it tow a 4000lb vehicle ok?
Thoughts?
Thanks for your input....

Discoverys have been popular and well-regarded for years and  I think you would be happy with one of them.

It's hard to guess what your standards may be for "performance", but  it would certainly tow a 4000 toad toad without difficulty.

RV Roamer said:
Discoverys have been popular and well-regarded for years and? I think you would be happy with one of them.

It's hard to guess what your standards may be for "performance", but? it would certainly tow a 4000 toad toad without difficulty.
Thanks for your input.
It is always appreciated!

There is a guy on the National RV owners Yahoo Group who wants to sell a 2000 Tradewinds pusher for $85k.  300 HP Cat and plenty of amenities. You might check it out.

RV Roamer said:
There is a guy on the National RV owners Yahoo Group who wants to sell a 2000 Tradewinds pusher for $85k.? 300 HP Cat and plenty of amenities. You might check it out.
Thanks for the tip!

westminster said:
At the suggestion of many people, mostly you folks, I have been considering buying a used motorhome instead of a new one.
I have found 2 Fleetwood Discovery diesels, both 1999 models, with around 50k in mileage.
both are around $70k
Has anyone owned or driven one of these coaches?
It has the 275 Cummins 5.9, and will it tow a 4000lb vehicle ok?
Thoughts?
Thanks for your input....

I have a 99 and its a great vehicle - I think you can bargain down into 60's. The engine is actually an ISB 275 and will deliver about 10+ MPG and hitch is 5000 lb. You can look at my web site mydrv.net which was developed for the 99; it has not been updated in several years but info is generally still applicable. Also, the DOAI web site and forum are excellent resources.

blueblood said:
I have a 99 and its a great vehicle - I think you can bargain down into 60's. The engine is actually an ISB 275 and will deliver about 10+ MPG and hitch is 5000 lb. You can look at my web site mydrv.net which was developed for the 99; it has not been updated in several years but info is generally still applicable. Also, the DOAI web site and forum are excellent resources.
Thanks.
I was hoping to hear positive things like this...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freetoroam
Back
Top Bottom