EPDM Coatings
rvupgradestore.com Composet Products Custom Yacht Interiors

Author Topic: WalMart, Branson West  (Read 5975 times)

1joester2

• ---
  • Apeo - forever in our hearts. New dog: Duh Kooky
WalMart, Branson West
« on: August 18, 2009, 12:54:16 AM »
...allows overnight parking, and has EVERYTHING to calm your nerves after a near disasterous incident.. Beer, Wine, Scotch, Whiskey, Tequila, Vodka... :o

I prefer Southern Comfort (which was available) ;D

Joe
Common sense to many of us is, unfortunately, the higher education some strive to attain.

Joe and Carol
2001 Coachmen 220RK W/GM 7.4 Vortec

Joezeppy

• ---
Re: WalMart, Branson West
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2009, 02:04:11 PM »
Ok, nobody has asked yet so I will. What happened?

About 2 weeks ago, we were just getting ready to exit the NY State Thruway when a 5th wheel passed me (at about 75 mph I might add) and blew a trailer tire right outside my window - Yikes! I thought a shotgun went off! Had to pull into the truck stop for a while to get the heart beat back to normal.

Still had an hour of driving to do, though--had to wait to have some ice cold calming fluids.

Joe
Joe & Kim
Upstate NY - Kuyahoora Valley
2010 GMC Sierra 2500HD - 6.0L
2017 Keystone Hideout 295BHS
Andersen Ultimate Aluminum 5th wheel hitch

Joezeppy

• ---
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2009, 02:22:06 PM »
Nevermind - just ran across it in your other post - Yah, ok, you win - that was just a little more intense than our "the other guy blew his tire" experience. Glad everyone is ok. Enjoy the rest of your trip...without incident!

Joe
Joe & Kim
Upstate NY - Kuyahoora Valley
2010 GMC Sierra 2500HD - 6.0L
2017 Keystone Hideout 295BHS
Andersen Ultimate Aluminum 5th wheel hitch

Britmick

• ---
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2010, 02:09:11 PM »
...allows overnight parking, and has EVERYTHING to calm your nerves after a near disasterous incident.. Beer, Wine, Scotch, Whiskey, Tequila, Vodka... :o

I prefer Southern Comfort (which was available) ;D

Joe
Is this the walmart at Branson Missouri?

82corvette

• ---
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2010, 10:53:47 PM »
Is this the walmart at Branson Missouri?
  Branson West is actually a town west of Silver Dollar City, I think it used to have a different name.
2012 Ram 1500 Crewcab Hemi,6spd. Auto,3:92 posi,Rambox, Airlift,B&W turnover hitch for future
2004 Jayco Eagle 308FBS Sold now looking
happy wife
mostly happy teen daughter
crazy Beagle named Shirley RIP

Wizard46

• ---
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2010, 08:04:09 AM »
Another Mexican Motel ????
Jerry & Patsy Potter, Taz & Jake Jr.
2000 Winnebago Journey
2006 Ford Explorer 4X4
Home: Milledgeville Ga.

Molaker

• ---
  • We don't camp. We tour.
    • Pumpkin and Us
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2010, 10:43:45 AM »
  Branson West is actually a town west of Silver Dollar City, I think it used to have a different name.
Branson West used to be called Lakeview.  I think the city fathers decided renaming it would be a way to take advantage of Branson's celebrity - it worked apparently, the little town exploded.  The WM there is a superstore that has been open several years.  There is (or was??) a non-superstore WM on the Hwy 76 "strip" in Branson proper, but a relatively new superstore has opened just off Hwy 65 north of Branson (not Branson West - confused yet?).  The one on the strip would not have been a particularly good place to overnight.  The new one has lots of space and I've seen RV's parked there frequently, but I don't know if they were overnighters.  Just be aware the new WM is in a large multi-store complex.  The Branson West WM is pretty much on its own.
Tom & Joyce and Ditto the "don't tell her she's a dog" Westie
U.S. Navy (Ret)
2014 Winnebago ERA 70X 24' class B Sprinter chassis

Gary RV_Wizard

• Forum Staff
  • ---
  • RVer Emeritus
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2010, 02:26:34 PM »
According to Overnightparking.com, which has verified information, the two Branson Walmarts do NOT allow overnight parking because of a city ordinance. That's the stores at 1Basspro Drive and 2050 W. Hwy 76.

An RVer reports getting permission from the store to stay at 1101 Branson Hills Pkwy Walmart.

The Branson West store at 18401 State Hwy 13 is listed as OK for overnight parking.

There is also a Cracker Barrel that permits overnight parking. It's at 3765 W. SR 76.

Hope this helps.
Gary
--------------
Gary Brinck
Summers: Black Mountain, NC
Home: Ocala National Forest, FL

John From Detroit

• ---
  • ^My New Home^
    • Diabetics Forum
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2010, 06:00:28 PM »
Gee... I may well have overnight parking a short distance away (near Old Fort King George) but... That is only for me :)  (Daughter is living there now)
Nothing adds excitement like something that is none of your business
My Home is where I park it.

Hosted by Over The Network