WalMart, Branson West

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

1joester2

...allows overnight parking, and has EVERYTHING to calm your nerves after a near disasterous incident.. Beer, Wine, Scotch, Whiskey, Tequila, Vodka... :eek:

I prefer Southern Comfort (which was available) ;D

Joe

Ok, nobody has asked yet so I will. What happened?

About 2 weeks ago, we were just getting ready to exit the NY State Thruway when a 5th wheel passed me (at about 75 mph I might add) and blew a trailer tire right outside my window - Yikes! I thought a shotgun went off! Had to pull into the truck stop for a while to get the heart beat back to normal.

Still had an hour of driving to do, though--had to wait to have some ice cold calming fluids.

Joe

Nevermind - just ran across it in your other post - Yah, ok, you win - that was just a little more intense than our "the other guy blew his tire" experience. Glad everyone is ok. Enjoy the rest of your trip...without incident!

Joe

1joester2 said:
...allows overnight parking, and has EVERYTHING to calm your nerves after a near disasterous incident.. Beer, Wine, Scotch, Whiskey, Tequila, Vodka... :eek:

I prefer Southern Comfort (which was available) ;D

Joe
Is this the walmart at Branson Missouri?

82corvette said:
  Branson West is actually a town west of Silver Dollar City, I think it used to have a different name.
Branson West used to be called Lakeview.  I think the city fathers decided renaming it would be a way to take advantage of Branson's celebrity - it worked apparently, the little town exploded.  The WM there is a superstore that has been open several years.  There is (or was??) a non-superstore WM on the Hwy 76 "strip" in Branson proper, but a relatively new superstore has opened just off Hwy 65 north of Branson (not Branson West - confused yet?).  The one on the strip would not have been a particularly good place to overnight.  The new one has lots of space and I've seen RV's parked there frequently, but I don't know if they were overnighters.  Just be aware the new WM is in a large multi-store complex.  The Branson West WM is pretty much on its own.

According to Overnightparking.com, which has verified information, the two Branson Walmarts do NOT allow overnight parking because of a city ordinance. That's the stores at 1Basspro Drive and 2050 W. Hwy 76.

An RVer reports getting permission from the store to stay at 1101 Branson Hills Pkwy Walmart.

The Branson West store at 18401 State Hwy 13 is listed as OK for overnight parking.

There is also a Cracker Barrel that permits overnight parking. It's at 3765 W. SR 76.

Hope this helps.

Gee... I may well have overnight parking a short distance away (near Old Fort King George) but... That is only for me :)  (Daughter is living there now)

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
automedicmobile
Back
Top Bottom