Western Festival, St Tite, Quebec

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

24theroad

Well, I'd promised to report on this trip, so here goes.

AWESOME!!!!!

St Tite is a town of 4,000 that swells to 1/2 million people for this event. I have never seen so many rigs in the same place, let alone the dealerships!!! BTW, there is a fantastic Firestone dealership there..more on that later.

The rules of the road are: Horses first, then people and vehicles last. On weekends they close the town roads off, so you're pretty much stuck there. There are many camp sites in the town (dry, in most cases), but travel out 5-8km and you'll find private sites. Shuttle buses are the way to get about.

Recommend you buy tour Rodeo tickets well in advance, as they sell out quickly. The food kiosks are amazing, but a tad pricey. Many beer stands and washrooms scattered about. ;)

Word to the wise. We stayed at La Gervasie...nice spot, but the electrical and sewer were badly spaced. You actually had to park crooked (and we've been working SO hard at backing in straight). Also, it's 15 Amps, and wow, do they blow. For those of you who don't speak French, not to worry. Fellow campers are quick to help...hand signals are universal!

There are equestrian events all day long, with music and dancing in other tents. Wear good shoes, as you'll be walking a fair amount. We took a buggy ride first, so we could have a better idea of the layout of the town. Cost is $5.00pp. Needless to day, an unbelievable amount of stalls selling various things.

I'd mentioned the Firestone dealership. We had our first blowout on the 5er, just outside of town. That's when we learned that, yes, the tires were new, but they were P tires. We had to buy 2 new ones, to be safe getting home (only a 3 hour drive for us), but for Xmas, the tree will have 5 LT's under it!!! The staff there were wonderful, and incredibly helpful!

Biggest news.....I drove the last 10km home. I know it doesn't sound like much of a deal, but it was to me. I even made 3 corner turns! What was Hilario's is that different neighbors saw me and assumed I'd driven the whole way. I'm NOT rushing out to tell them different. :W

To sum up, it was a lot of fun, and we highly recommend it. The Festival is on every year in Sept. Go for it!

Roll on!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7199michael
Back
Top Bottom