Brownstown- Bishop, CA.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jewels1

My husband and I just bought a Viking tent trailer and we are taking our 2 year old daughter on our first real family vacation.... we are going to Brownstown camp ground in Bishop, CA. and I would like to know if any one has any thoughts or advice as far as this camp ground goes.My husband has been going to Bishop since he was a kid as he used to have family there and we have been going together anually for mule days...this year we are going for the fair during labor day weekend. We always illegally camped next to the river in a tent... but now that we have a kid... where not such risk takers I guess  :D 
has anyone been there recently?  They have a website that bost having an old western town... ice cream parlor and full electric, water and cable... has anyone experienced anything different??
thanks... jewels

Drove thru on a day trip last March -- not quite open yet -- liked what we saw  -- have reservations for a week mid Sept.  All sites do not have elec & only a few have full hook-up. (last pic of small ClassA is the site we are hoping for)

Attachments

• IMG_7256 (Small).JPG
    IMG_7256 (Small).JPG
    75.3 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_7258 (Small).JPG
    IMG_7258 (Small).JPG
    61.5 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_7259 (Small).JPG
    IMG_7259 (Small).JPG
    70.5 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_7262 (Small).JPG
    IMG_7262 (Small).JPG
    46.4 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_7267 (Small).JPG
    IMG_7267 (Small).JPG
    65 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_7266 (Small).JPG
    IMG_7266 (Small).JPG
    85.4 KB · Views: 42
Its been a couple of years but I have stayed at Brownstown, right on the edge of town if you want to run in for something, clean, green grass, you can hear a little bit of highway noise if something loud goes by, but in my opinion I would not have a problem staying there again.  A lot of people come in for a single night as they rv through the area.

we go up the road towards lake Sabrina and camp near the river.
there are a bunch of camp grounds up there, its only a 45 minute driver to bishop. and nice not to camp in town.

Back
Top Bottom