A BIG List of Our Mods

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RVRoadTrip

Just thought I'd share a list of mods that I have done to our 2008 Palomino gazelle G210 travel trailer.  Maybe it will give you some ideas!

Mods completed so far...

Screen Door Bar
Black Tank Vent Cover
Key Hooks
Digital Thermostat
Electrical Management System
Storage Locks
Liquid Soap Dispenser
Covered Toothbrush Holder
Spice Racks
Remote Temperature Sensor
Memory Foam Mattress
Maxxair Fan Mate 800
Maxxair II
Entry Assist Handle
110v Outlet
Barker 42 Gallon Tote with Pneumatic Tires
Rear Bumper Mount for the Barker Holding Tank
Furnace Screen
Refrigerator Screens
Water Heater Screen
Water Filter
Paper Towel Holder
Gutter Drip Clips
Wardrobe Shelving
Diamond Plate Tool Box on tongue
LED Lights Inside
LED Tail Lights

The "to do" list currently consists of... (it seems to grow unexpectedly)

Drawers under the dinette seats
Inside electric water heater switch
Satellite dish holder (when on the road)
Macerator system
Backsplash around the stove
Collapsible Ladder
260W Solar Power Kit (or 360W, $750 price difference)
Electric Tongue Jack

Wow, just viewed all your mods and your work, quite impressive. I thought I was a pretty good handy man but dude, you put me to shame! Pls keep up posted on the good work, hopefully, you won't mind if I borrow a few of your ideas.

Great post! Reading it made me recall all we've done to ours; don't want to start over. ;D

After wracking my brain for a month trying to find out the best bang for the buck for a solar "kit", I placed the order! So my Palomino Gazelle G210 21' travel trailer will soon be able to generate its own power. The nice folks at Arizona Wind & Sun had competitive prices and unbeatable customer service. Hats off to Robert who happily fielded my countless questions. All said and done, here is what I ordered:

2 KD-135GX-LPU Kyocera 135 Watt solar panels with MC4 connectors, 7.63 amps @ 17.7 volts, 2 year manufacturers warranty, 25 year output warranty, 59.1" x 26.3" x 1.8", 33 Lb.

2 RV Flat Mounts, each holds one KD-135

1 MC4 Solarline 2 (latching) extender cable #10 AWG 50' Male/Female

1 Blue Sky SB3024iL Solar Boost MPPT Controller 30A/24V, 40A/12V

Everything but the panel mounts ships from them, the roof mounts will drop ship from the manufacturer. Total price for everything delivered to my door was $1423.33. This price is so much lower than other pre-made "kits" and I got to select each component. No sneaking in a no-name product here!

Once it arrives, I will do my best to take many installation pictures and post them... and a shot of the completed install once it is done. I am excited!

RVRoadTrip said:
Just thought I'd share a list of mods that I have done to our 2008 Palomino gazelle G210 travel trailer.  Maybe it will give you some ideas!  You can read more details about these mods and see pictures by clicking here.

Mods completed so far...

I love the LED lighting. Now that you've had it a while, how's it work out?  I did a similar thing with one of those Hong Kong providers, but haven't been as satisfied as possible. In my case I got the discrete LEDs and made a nice "shower" of light that comes down onto the workstation.  It lights the keys, and anything that horizontal (like books, paper, etc) but doesn't provide any glare for the screen.

I was looking to completely replace the interior lighting for both heat as well as power savings; it sure looks like you've found the way!

A few things have now moved from the "to do" list to the "completed" list...

Drawers under the dinette seats (completed)
Collapsible Ladder (completed)
Electric Tongue Jack (completed)
270W Solar Power Kit (all parts are in except the panel mounts... will update soon.)

I have done lots of mods too, but I didn't think that the "paper towel holder" should be included (?)  ;)

The two that I liked were the fence post for the sewer hose, and the hand truck mounted to the bumper to hold the honeybucket.

GREAT ideas !!

Here it is... one shot open, one shot closed.
I just cut out the area inside the frame and added hinges and a clasp.  Also, added 2 magnetic tabs in the upper corners to give it more stability.  The wood is awfully thin.  It's not quite what I intended but it is certainly 100% functional.

Attachments

• DSC00276.jpg
    DSC00276.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 146
  • DSC00277.jpg
    DSC00277.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 117
mayfair said:
Why not glue it to a thicker board, kinda like a veneer? That might help.

I thought of that, even got the veneer to do it with... but with my limited woodworking ability, I could not make it look good enough to suit me.

Alaskansnowbirds said:
Just cut a thicker board about 1/2" smaller all the way around and attach it to the back of the door you have.

That's exactly what Iwas talking about / thinking

Just glue your current door to a thicker board. Should be pretty simple and will match PERFECTLY !!
;D

RVRoadTrip said:
Added 2 more mods to the list... a remote propane indicator that lets me know inside the camper when one of my tanks is empty.  The other is the 270 watts of solar power.  Link to the mods page...

Cool !!

I also noticed the propane indicator. What's that all about?

mayfair said:
I also noticed the propane indicator. What's that all about?

We have a Marshall Automatic Changeover Regulator, the indicator (also by Marshall) attaches to the regulator and a wire runs into the camper to a remote light.  When the changeover switches itself from the empty tank to the full tank, the light inside the camper starts blinking.

No more opening the propane tank cover every now and then to check if a tank is empty, or you forget to check and run both tanks empty.  When the light blinks, I go out and flip the lever, remove the empty tank and go fill it.  The other tanks continues to provide propane to the camper.

Back
Top Bottom