Trip Tek Computer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

itchn2go

Can anyone tell me where the computer itself is located on a 05 Journey. Evidently I need to change the battery. THanks

Try this Winnebago website

http://www.winnebagoind.com/diagram/Wiring.htm

Hope it helps

Russ, WB3FQI/6

Wish I was smart enough to decipher it.. just not too mechanically literate. Thanks

I found that the clock would reset every time I would turn off the engine on my 2005 Journey 36G.  I went to my TripTek 2510 manual and found that there was a battery inside the TripTek to retain the clock memory when the power was off to the computer.

Billj is correct as to where the TripTek is located.  It is in the same location in my 2005 Journey 36G.

The following is taken from my manual:

"The TripTek 2510 computer utilizes a replaceable battery # CR1632 to retain its clocks memory when the system is off.

Battery replacement:

1. Disconnect TripTek computer from coach. Most connectors utilize a latch to retain their position. Compress latch arm to remove connectors.
2. With the removal of four screws from the two long sides of the computer lift off the back cover and expose the inside of the system.
3. Locate battery on back surface of computer.
4. Slide battery out from under metal spring clip.
5. Replace with positive side (+) of battery facing up.
6. Reverse steps 1 through 4 to reassemble system.

It was a piece of cake to replace the battery.  The hardest part was removing the instrument panel cover!

Suncircles
2005 Journey 36G with a CRV Toad

I have the 39K. I found a black box(oblong) behind the left foot rest had like a telephone wire going into it. Thought maybe that was it. Once the instrument cover is off it should be much easier to get to behind the back up camera to replace the battery. Yes the battery does control the clock and the manual was quoted verbatim...Thanks for all your help as usual.
Save Miles

Folks, the computer was just where ya'll said it would be behind the backup camera after you remove the instrument cover. Changed the battery still did not work, called Trip Tek and they said it was a first.
They charge 125.00 to rebuild the computer,they do more than just the clock. The guy was super and we both agreed that I could do without the clock for that price. We tried. thanks for all your help

Back
Top Bottom