Video Control Box, how-to

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Wizard46

How do you remove the video control box. I'm trying to install a digital converter box to the antenna input. I think I remember reading somewhere that it was held down with velcro, if so its really strong. Any ideas or suggestions.

Attachments

• MH help 001 [640x480].JPG
    MH help 001 [640x480].JPG
    54 KB · Views: 58
  • MH help 002 [640x480].JPG
    MH help 002 [640x480].JPG
    57.6 KB · Views: 44
It's probably the strong velcro but take the trim piece off to see...  note: the converter box needs to go between the Video Control box "antenna out to TV1" terminal instead of between the VCBox and the antenna, if I recall correctly... I think the VCBox sends out a voltage to the antenna that the converter box would not enjoy.  Thanks, G.

I did the same to mine some time ago. Remove the face panel first. The control box sits in it's own space with a metal shelf below it. On each side of the shelf you will find a single nut holding the shelf in place. Loosen (no need to remove) the nuts. Yes the velcro is strong. In my case I pushed up and very hard from the rear to remove the box from it's shelf. You will then have complete access to the connections on the rear.

Mine has a metal panel that has to be removed first, then the very strong velcro has to be pried loose....

But when I put my digital converter box in I put it behind the VCR. It was much easier to get to, and all I have to do to use it is have the VCR set to ANT on the selector box, and the TV set to VCR.  It works great!!!

Funny, I just installed my digital converter box this past weekend.  Velcro does hold the switch box down.  The converter is very easy to install and WOW what a better picture.  Plus you get additional stations, including China, Germany, England... ;)

Best Regards!

Thanks all, will try in a couple of days. I didn't figure that I was the first to do this. Always great advise here.

If it is velcrowed down slip a solid tool under it and pry up.

Might help if you did one corner at a time

Such a tool might be what is called a "mending bar" or just a flat screwdriver

You might slip a putt knife on top of whatever the box sits upon, before you insert screwdriver (to protect it from the screwdriver)

I removed the panel in front of the video control box ( held on with torx screws ). My video control box was held in by a bracket at each end. I just slipped in out towards the front. I used a spliter with a DC feed thru. I disconnected the coax that comes from the bat wing antenna and inserted the splitter with the dc leg to feed 12vdc up to the preamp on the antenna. I fed the other leg of the splitter to the AUX port. That way I can power the preamp and use the samr converter on front and rear tv.

Back
Top Bottom