through-wall fan search

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mtnman

Happy Tuesday, and thanks in advance from a newbie to this forum.
We have a Terry 22LW TT, which we love, and lots of kids of all ages, which we also love...(though sometimes it is harder than others!  ;D)  We still have one child at home, and several grandkids, which means it is seldom just my lovely bride and myself camping.  When we shut the "high security-low noise"  ;) accordion door to the "master suite" at the rear of our luxurious 22' domain, that also shuts off the flow of air from the air conditioner. 
Ah-ha, thought myself, all I need is to install a small through-the-wall fan high on the wall between the bedroom and the rest of the camper to facilitate a little air flow, and problem solved.  The installation is no problem...many years as a jackofalltrades engineer in the broadcast business, including a good bit of construction, and I handle our stick house work and have for years...and am not too proud to holler for help when the water gets too deep!  ::)
Now the dilemma:  Does anyone know where I can find such a fan??? ???  The ones I have been able to find are all for a minimum of 3.5" wall thickness, which our littel Terry will never have!  Camper World told me they "thought they could order one, but it will take awhile"....
Thanks again in advance for any help!

Why not just cut the hole through the wall and finish the sides, then mount a good sized computer case fan in the opening, e.g. a 120 mm fan. They move a lot of air, use very little power and decent ones are virtually silent.  A 12v model is probably the most convenient.

http://www.directron.com/120mmfans.html

mtnman said:
Happy Tuesday, and thanks in advance from a newbie to this forum.
We have a Terry 22LW TT, which we love, and lots of kids of all ages, which we also love...(though sometimes it is harder than others!  ;D)  We still have one child at home, and several grandkids, which means it is seldom just my lovely bride and myself camping.   When we shut the "high security-low noise"  ;) accordion door to the "master suite" at the rear of our luxurious 22' domain, that also shuts off the flow of air from the air conditioner. 
Ah-ha, thought myself, all I need is to install a small through-the-wall fan high on the wall between the bedroom and the rest of the camper to facilitate a little air flow, and problem solved.  The installation is no problem...many years as a jackofalltrades engineer in the broadcast business, including a good bit of construction, and I handle our stick house work and have for years...and am not too proud to holler for help when the water gets too deep!   ::)
Now the dilemma:  Does anyone know where I can find such a fan??? ???  The ones I have been able to find are all for a minimum of 3.5" wall thickness, which our littel Terry will never have!  Camper World told me they "thought they could order one, but it will take awhile"....
Thanks again in advance for any help!

check:
http://www.backwoodssolar.com/ for dc powered fans. my experience with this company has been good. :)

excellent ideas....thanks!
seems this opnly comes up in the summer...guess there is enough hot air availible naturally in the winter!
;D

Back
Top Bottom