New and interesting 25' models

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

John Canfield

Site Team
Winnebago Via and its twin, the Itasco Reyo.  (Where in the world do the marketing people come up with these names  :p ???)  They are 25' and on the Sprinter chassis.  If we ever downsize, these would be a prime candidate.

Mercedes (as in this Sprinter chassis) diesels are all over Europe and have been for many, many years due to reliability and fuel economy (they were paying 5$ for a gallon for fuel a long  time ago.) We bought a new Mercedes E320 station wagon five or six years ago and it had the absolutely best drive train of any vehicle we have ever owned - the engine and transmission were perfectly mated and it was difficult to detect when the tranny was shifting.  The torque curve of the V6 gas engine must have been almost perfectly linear.  I was completely impressed with our E320.  Owners of the Winnebago View and Itasca Navion (on the Sprinter chassis) I have spoken to have been very positive about their units.

Looks nice but I really don't like floorplans where the refrigerator opens into the bathroom.

Wendy

John Canfield said:
Hey - that's a guy's dream .. you're in the bathroom and you have a sudden urge for a cold one  :D

Once again, John is the voice of experience!  :D

Best Regards!

It's also handy for refrigerated meds.

I didn't see any coach AC option  or a genset and they weren't listed as a standard feature.

Ah, I see that while the 25T has the frig opening to the bathroom, the 25R has the frig opening to the bed - now THAT could be handy. But no A/C and no genset?

Wendy

Air conditioner (13.5K) and the 2.8K Diesel generator are options.  Leveling jacks are not available.

I remember when Winnie debuted the Via at the Louisville RV Dealers show last year, and only dealers were allowed inside.  One of the nice additions are the plastic windows.....yes...I said plastic.  We owned a prototype Fleetwood travel trailer that was a true 4 season unit that had these double insulated plastic windows, and they were excellent, and very scratch resistant.  I see that the Via has the same windows.   ;D ;D

We also are interested in this unit when it comes time (hopefully soon!) to downsize.

Thanks for the write up John.

As someone who drives a Sprinter on a daily basis as a work rig, I can attest that they are a fantastic product, excellent mpg and plenty of power.  I would Love to have a Sprinter motorhome and mayber my currrent van will get a conversion one day!

There are complete specs on the Winnie site now, not just the "sneak peek"....

I am a Mercedes fan too, but when I drove an Airstream Westphalia on the MB Van chassis I found the narrow wheelbase and high
center of gravity in RV service made for truly terrible highway handling! JMO

Steve
'95 Luxor AllSteer 37

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dmac3003
Back
Top Bottom