Our motorhome doesn't like Butte, but loves CoachNet

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ned

Moderator Emeritus
This morning, as we left Butte, MT, the check engine light came on.? Displaying the fault code showed a fault on cylinder 4.? 4 years ago, the exact same thing happened on our approach to Butte, but it was cylinder 2 that time.? A call to CoachNet soon had us an appointment at Western States Truck Equipment in Missoula, the same place we went last time.? We're parked in their lot for the night and have a 0700 appointment for tomorrow.? We drove the last 100 miles at 50mph on 5 cylinders.

This is the second time in a week that we have used CoachNet (first was a flat on the Honda in Great Falls) and, again, it's paid for itself.

We may never go to Butte again :)

Ned,

Sorry to hear of the problem.

>>We may never go to Butte again <<

Next time go via Helena, about the same distance, a little longer time wise, better scenery and it is not Butte!  VBG

I'll find the camera and get a picture off to you Later.

We almost went to Helena, that was the closest Cat service center, but we have experience with Western States so opted for Missoula. ?Besides, it's on our route.

The first time, it was a connector on cylinder 2.  The last time (in Des Moines) it was an injector on cylinder 4.

That's why we have the extended warranty.  Shouldn't cost us more than $50.

It's not like we're in a hurry :)  I expect to be out of here tomorrow and in Coeur d'Alene by late afternoon.  But nothing is for sure.

My inverter shut down with an E02 (low battery voltage) after 1.5  hours.  The Link 1000 read 12.55V so it sure wasn't low voltage.  Not cables either as the charger came on at 90A when I started the generator.  Good thing we'll see Wally in a week or so.

Ned said:
It's not like we're in a hurry :) I expect to be out of here tomorrow and in Coeur d'Alene by late afternoon. But nothing is for sure.

My inverter shut down with an E02 (low battery voltage) after 1.5 hours. The Link 1000 read 12.55V so it sure wasn't low voltage. Not cables either as the charger came on at 90A when I started the generator. Good thing we'll see Wally in a week or so.

Ned,

Sounds like it's time for a new coach  ;D.

Sorry to hear about your engine and inverter  problems.

Engine problem is fixed, still diagnosing the battery/inverter problem.  I suspect it's one of the batteries.  If I don't figure it out this next week, we'll be seeing Wally soon :)

Just the connector wiring harness.  Extended warranty paid (eventually) for it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skibumbob
Back
Top Bottom