Winterizing My 2009 Coachmen Chaparral....not sure how?????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

chjames

I am a new owner of a 2009 Coachmen Chapparral 340QB.  I have owned pull behind campers until now......this style is ALL new to me. In the front storage compartment is a "control panel" of the different water selections...ie....fill tank, city water, pump, winterize.  I turn a selector switch to the appropriate setting for whatever I'm doing.  I have never winterized this type of camper before!!! 

I looked behind the control panel and there are NUMEROUS hoses....wouldn't have a clue what hose goes where!!! 

I called the RV dealership where I purchased the camper.....they completely snubbed me and told me to bring it to them and they will winterize it for $200.00!!!!!!!!!!!  SORRY NOT GONNA HAPPEN.

I called Coachmen today and they seemed helpful.  I'm just wanting to check to see if anyone else has experience with this type of winterization.  Coachmen told me to set the selector switch to "winterize", construct a hose and fitting to fit my city water hook up, put the other end of the hose in the anti-freeze jug, turn the pump on, and it will suck the anti-freeze thru the lines via the city water hook up.      Anybody had any experience with this system???????  Sounds very simple.  I'm just looking for a little re-assurance.

Back
Top Bottom