New Years 3rd Annual Catalina SP Rally

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ken & Sheila

Site Team
We plan on arriving at Catalina State Park on December 26th and will probably leave on January 2nd.
There will be a "few" planned activities - like a group dinner out, potluck, At least one ride, plus New Years Eve.

Catalina State Park is a beautiful setting, but close to restaurants and shopping. Catalina is north of Tucson off Oracle Road (Hwy 77)

Caveat: Catalina is a NO reservation park. First come, first serve. We will be in campground "B" which has 70 some odd sites. Campground "A" electric sites (24 sites) are close by (via walking path) . In the past all have found space, but there can be no guarantees.

Please post here if you plan to join us for all or part of the time.

Look forward to seeing old friends and making new friends.

Ken & Sheila

Ned and I will be there, looking forward to seeing everyone again.

Lorna,

I look forward to seeing you and Ned this year. We missed you last year.
I have a feeling it will pretty much be the same group that has come the last two years. Last year we did have a couple of drop-ins and Bill and Jolene (from our Northeast Rally days) made it in for a few days.

Ken

Ken & Sheila said:
I have a feeling it will pretty much be the same group that has come the last two years. Last year we did have a couple of drop-ins and Bill and Jolene (from our Northeast Rally days) made it in for a few days.

Ken,

We made it last year for the first time and we spend winters in Tucson. In 2007 we had to go back to Rochester for the birth of our 1st grand-daughter and 2008 we had to go to central Indiana because of the death of Linda's father on Christmas day.

We plan on attending again this year.

Richard and Linda

If Fred can stay out of trouble that far ahead, we will be there..... ::)  It has become his goal to conquer, so hopefully we'll make it.  After spending the summer sitting still, we are eager to move... ;D

Daisy and Fred

Daisy and Fred,

Daisy were counting on you keeping Fred out of trouble so you both can make to Catalina SP.

We really look forward to seeing both of you.

Take care,

ken & sheila

Hello,

I don't know if it is "ok" for folks that don't know you to "join in" on this.  If it is... I wanted to make sure I found the right place... so I googled Catalina St Park and found this:

http://azstateparks.com/Parks/CATA/facilities.html...

They say that they have 95 sites with electricity and water and two dump sites are available.  So this  must be campground B but then you mentioned that campground A was the electric so then I wondered if I had the right place or not?

How "early" on, say the 26th  would you say we would need to get there to have a good chance of a site?  9am? Noon?  We have no idea?

thanks, Gary and Coleen.

Ken & Sheila said:
We plan on arriving at Catalina State Park on December 26th and will probably leave on January 2nd.
There will be a "few" planned activities - like a group dinner out, potluck, At least one ride, plus New Years Eve.

Catalina State Park is a beautiful setting, but close to restaurants and shopping. Catalina is north of Tucson off Oracle Road (Hwy 77)

Caveat: Catalina is a NO reservation park. First come, first serve. We will be in campground "B" which has 70 some odd sites. Campground "A" electric sites (24 sites) are close by (via walking path) . In the past all have found space, but there can be no guarantees.

Please post here if you plan to join us for all or part of the time.

Look forward to seeing old friends and making new friends.

Ken & Sheila

We use the northernmost loop. I got there by 1pm on the 26th and there were lots of sites, some still available the next day.

Gary and Coleen,

Of course you are welcome!
The 95 sites with W&E includes both A&B.

As Russ said we will probably be in the northern loop of campground B. But none of the WE sites are that far away.

Look forward to meeting you in person.

Ken & Sheila

John W.

Look for to seeing you again this year and to seeing your coach. I'll have to figure out how to tell your rig from Judy and Ollie's rig.

Ken & Sheila

Sorry, we can't make it this year.  Last year was fantastic.  We will be in FL for this witer.  Have a great time!

Bill,

We'll miss you. It was great to get to see you and Jolene again. Have a good winter in Florida.
You do know that this will subject you to the campfire gossip!
We won't get to Florida until probably January 2012.

Ken

PancakeBill said:
Sorry, we can't make it this year.  Last year was fantastic.  We will be in FL for this witer.  Have a great time!

Sorry to hear that Bill. It would have been nice to spend more time with you and Jolene.

Maybe next year.

Well, if we make it to the campfire gossip, let everyone know we had a fantastic year starting with last New Years Eve.

Well, the conflict that stopped us from joining everyone at Catalina SP the last two years seems to be gone this year. Happy to report that we are now planning on attending and looking forward to seeing everyone there.

Bernie,

That's great. We are looking forward to another New Years at Catalina.
Memory is shot, but I thought you were at the first rally?

ken

They sure were, here's the proof.  That was on our road trip from Catalina SP.

Attachments

• Bernie, Marlene, Terry.JPG
    Bernie, Marlene, Terry.JPG
    105 KB · Views: 70
Back
Top Bottom