New Years 3rd Annual Catalina SP Rally

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Richard:

Here are a couple.

Attachments

• NY Hike 1 (Small).JPG
    NY Hike 1 (Small).JPG
    103.3 KB · Views: 33
  • NY Hike 2 (Small).JPG
    NY Hike 2 (Small).JPG
    115.5 KB · Views: 22
Richard,

That hike has now become a tradition for New Years day as this is the third year for the rally and the third year for the hike. (second year for the cactus photo)

ken

Here are a few pics from Sabino Canyon & Catalina State Park

Attachments

• New Year 2009-1.JPG
    New Year 2009-1.JPG
    249.4 KB · Views: 57
  • New Year 2009-4.JPG
    New Year 2009-4.JPG
    175.8 KB · Views: 54
  • New Year 2009-7.JPG
    New Year 2009-7.JPG
    226.7 KB · Views: 46
  • New Year 2009-25.JPG
    New Year 2009-25.JPG
    225.8 KB · Views: 42
  • New Year 2009-26.JPG
    New Year 2009-26.JPG
    215.7 KB · Views: 46
Picture 2009-4 - you guys look like you're on the parking lot trams at Disneyland. What gives?

Wendy

Wendy said:
Picture 2009-4 - you guys look like you're on the parking lot trams at Disneyland. What gives?
Wendy,

The Sabino Canyon Tour takes you up the canyon 3.7 miles.  The driver tells you all about the flora and fauna. He makes stops along the way where you can get out, explore and then catch the next tram.  We took the tram to end.  Walked around a bit and then took tram back to  last stop where we got off and walked the 3/4 mile back to parking lot.  It was good exercise, informative and very cold. They have a Visitor Center with  displays.  Nice experience.
Betty

Sabino Canyon Tour sounds cool. May have to stop there when we head that direction.

Wendy,

After Sabino Canyon we took the long and pretty drive up to the top of Mt. Lemmon at the ski area - 9,000 feet.  COLD and windy.  But we ate lunch at the Iron Door before driving back to Catalina.  All in all, a very enjoyable day.  I wouldn't have known about either Sabino Canyon or being able to lunch at the top of Mt. Lemmon were it not for people who already knew about it.

ArdraF

I would like to thank Marie and Chuck for organizing Sabino Canyon and the lunch reservations at the Iron Door on Mt. Lemmon. That lunch was delicious.  They also helped with the dinner at the Mexican restaurant by making the reservations. I think both outings were a big success.

I tried to get Marie to be host next year (LOL). She declined, but agreed to help which is much appreciated.

I would also like to thank Betty for her help organizing and spearheading the hike.

And of course Russ for hosting one of the New Years eve open houses. It appears that everyone enjoyed them.

Pre-planning for this rally is difficult because many of the activities are weather dependent, but we hope you all enjoyed yourself as much as we did and look forward to seeing you again next year. 

See you at Quartzsite
Ken & Sheila

A big thanks for sharing photos with those of us who were unable to attend. I've now added them to the photo gallery; Click the Photos button above, and select the appropriate album.

I'll add more descriptions as time permits, but hopefully I have the photo credits straight.

This has been a delightful and fun rally.  Thanks to everyone who participated in organizing it!

ArdraF

The New Year's Rally was our first with the forum and what a delight, to spend time with some old friends and all the new ones we made at this event.

Thank you Ken and Sheila for starting this Rally tradition at Catalina SP and hopefully this will become a long lasting tradition with the Forum.

Chuck and I are both excited to join all of you at Quartzsite later this month.

Marie

We already  miss those of you who have left our Rally.  A few of the girls did a shopping run today, Frys, GNC, World Market, Trader Joes.  What a rally! It is a beautiful day.

Betty

Sad, but we are back at Happy Trails.

Thank you all for coming. Its not much of a rally if no shows up! LOL

Attached are a few photos from our coach on New Years Eve

ken

Attachments

• K&S Coach1.jpg
    K&S Coach1.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 38
  • K&S Coach2.jpg
    K&S Coach2.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 34
Thanks Ken and Sheila for starting this and Chuck and Marie for the Sabino Canyon tour also the reservations for lunch on Mt Lemon and the Mexican dinner.  Ned and I really enjoyed the rally and it was good to see everyone also the new comers.

Pat & I want to thank all who particpated in the planning and making the rally happen.  We like the park so well we are staying at least another week.  It was great to see old friends, especially as we missed all the rallies last year, and it is always exciting to meet the newcomers.

We are looking forward to QZ after we leave Tucson.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kstoybox
Back
Top Bottom