New Years 3rd Annual Catalina SP Rally

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We need a map of the campground and I hope someone knows of a MH Washing place between Kingman and Tucson.  We have been in snow, and rain and .... since we left MT.  Needless to say we are very dirty!  I doubt if I can find a car wash that will take the jeep.

We are now in Ogden and slowly making our way south.  We will not be out of cold, snow and stuff till at least St. George.    :'(

Jim,

There is a Danny's truck wash behind the Pilot on 99 Ave just a few blocks south of I-10. Turn right just before the pilot on Roosevelt, turn left on 101st. 925 s. 101st. Personally I don't like truck washes, but I used to use them going from Vermont to Florida every winter. No choice, I had to get all that salt and crude off the MH.

TNT car wash in Surprise washes motorhomes, but I think you need an appointment. It seems like they do it when there are not busy so it takes quite a while.

Do you need a map TO the campground?-- or of the campground?

I don't have a map of the campground, but it is not necessary. Just follow the signs in the park to the campgrounds. The first is A, continue to B. As you enter B you have to go to the south side of B. That is where we will be unless something else is posted here. We will be on CB channel 13.

Directions to the Park. Easiest directions, Exit I 10 at exit 240 - Tangerine Rd ( this is on the side of the Tucson area). Go east until tangerine ends at Oralcle rd (HWY 77). Turn South on Oracle , move to the left lane. At around 8 tenths of a mile turn left into Catalina State park. ( I believe this is now a traffic light). I'll update this after I get there Friday.

ken

Jim Godward said:
..... I hope someone knows of a MH Washing place between Kingman and Tucson.

Jim,

I don't know how soon you want to get your coach washed but there is a truck wash just east of Kingman on I-40. If I remember right it is at the Pilot truck stop.

There is definitely a traffic light , with a left turn lane into the park. As soon as you turn onto Oracle Rd get to the far left hand lane, as soon as possible. The entrance is at that first light on your left.

Ken, as of today the south side of B lot was quite filled, with a few empty spots . The north side was quite empty. But you know how it goes, full today, empty tomorrow. As soon as we get there tomorrow I will email you our lot number.

See you on Friday.

OK on the truck washes.  It looks like we may be stopping in Kingman so that would work.  Is there one in Eloy?  We wll probably have to fuel about there.

A map from the freeway to the campground since both the GPS and Delorme 2009 seem to not know where the park is.  A GPS fix on the park entrance would probably do it but I have to keep my driver happy!! 

My older Delorme had good road details that are not in the newer one.  I wonder if the newest version is any better??

"OK on the truck washes.  It looks like we may be stopping in Kingman so that would work.  Is there one in Eloy? "
Yes. It is on the east side of I-10 (flyingJ is on west side) and may be one exit N of flyingJ.

Jim Godward said:
A map from the freeway to the campground since both the GPS and Delorme 2009 seem to not know where the park is.  A GPS fix on the park entrance would probably do it but I have to keep my driver happy!!

Jim,

Just follow Ken's instructions. It is very easy to find. You can't miss it!  ;D

I quote Ken's instructions again slightly edited.

Directions to the Park. Easiest directions, Exit I-10 at exit 240 - Tangerine Rd ( this is on the north side of the Tucson area). Go east until tangerine dead ends into Oralcle rd (HWY 77). Turn South (right) on Oracle, move to the left lane. At around 2 tenths of a mile turn left at the first stop light into Catalina State park.

Looks like the count is 13 rigs (25 people) planning to attend.

If necessary we will move to the North side, but only as a last resort. We may be spread out over the campgrounds, but the South side is convenient to both the north side of B and to campground A. Based on that I will still plan to make the South side of B where we set up as a central location. Last year everyone except our last arrival was able to park on the south side. We arrived on the day after Christmas and the south side was fairly full but it cleared out early in the next week then started to fill-up again.

Because this is a non reservation park I will post if I see a space problem. It has never been a problem in the past. There are 95 W/E sites with a fair good daily turn over (14 day max stay).

ken

Jim,

There is also a truck wash at exit 208 across the street from the Flying J. (southside of Eloy).

I'll post the Lat/Long of Catalina when I get there tomorrow.

ken

From the parks website.

GPS Coordinates to park entrance

Decimal Degrees (WGS84)
Latitude: 32.416777
Longitude: -110.937581

Degrees, Minutes & Seconds
Latitude: N32 25 00
Longitude: W110 56 15

GPS
Latitude: N 32 25.007
Longitude: W 110 56.255

We called a timeout in the ST. George area of UT.  Need a day of rest and besides, it is Christmas tomorrow so no travel for us.  Saturday we will be back on the road.  ;D

Temps here are reasonable and NO SNOW!!  Still have a few inches of snow/ice on the roof so maybe it will melt tomight and tomorrow.

I'm guessing we will arrive Tuesday as we are slow travelers.

We have set up at Catalina. So far there are three coaches here:

Chuck & Marie
Fred & Daisy
Ken & Sheila in site 18 (same site as last year)

Russ is on the road and will probably be two sites down from us (same as last year)

Seem like a few more people here than last year.

It is a sunny beautiful day.

ken

It looks like we'll get a "later" start tomorrow so probably won't arrive until mid to late afternoon.

Terry and Betty are  packed and will leave Yuma by  8 am.  We figure about 230 miles so we will be there when we get there.  I am so excited to see our Framily again. 
I have on my to do list

1.  Go to see movie It's Complicated  and any other good ones.
2.  Walk every day
3.  Go for hikes
4.  Go for jeep 4 wheel rides
5.  Go to Ross
6.  Go to Trader Joes
7.  Eat out, Mexican and  Thai
8.  Go to Desert Museum
9.  Lose 5 pounds
10.  Giggle every day
11.  Gossip with the girls

Latest posts

Members online