New Years 3rd Annual Catalina SP Rally

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hey, Betty, we can add almost all of those things to the Quartzsite list, too !!

Wendy
Anza Borrego

"Russ is on the road and will probably be two sites down from us (same as last year)"

And that is what happened at 5 pm.

As it turns out both Ken and I have newly installed CB radios. We were able to confirm that they work.

Traveling on a holiday was very nice. Low traffic density. However, the cops were out in force. Saw 3 or 4 with miscreant pulled over and at least 5 with photo cameras!

We finally got the toad back from the shop and Cindy and I will be heading your way on Monday.  Looking forward to doing some jeep trail riding (gotta break that new transmission in right, you know).

Ken & Sheila,

I'm late reading this thread as we are not able to attend. We're really sorry to year about your Mom.

Jim,

Thanks, It happened very fast - which in many ways is the best. No suffering. We moved her from the Hospital, a terrible place to die, to Hospice of the Valley in Surprise. The doctors thought it could be a week or two. Hospice was a beautiful facility with a great staff. Mom surprised all when she past away in only 3 days.

Two weeks before she had been out to the Motorhome for the afternoon - lunch and we watched golf.

At the rally:

We have 7 coaches here and somewhere between 5 and 8 to come. Catalina SP is gaining popularity in general each year (I hope not too much or we won't be able to have a rally here). It is now one of the most profitable state parks (on a cash flow basis since all the infrastructure is paid). The only State park that makes more money is Karchner.

That also means it will not be shut down like many of our state parks to do the budgets cuts.

Hope you can join us some year!

ken

Ken,

Going quickly is a blessing. Glad you had time with at the coach. I'm sure she enjoyed it.

Sure sounds like the park could become so popular that a rally will be difficult. Hope we get to see it someday. We now have some commitments here in Florida that make travel somewhat difficult but not impossible.

Have a Happy New Year everyone!!!!

We're looking to get there tomorrow (Tues.). Where do you all have your mail sent while you are there? I seem to recall that "general delivery" gets sent to a main P.O. somewhere on the east side to Tucson, not very handy.

We are leaving Happy Trails Wednesday AM so should arrive after lunch.

Pierat said:
We're looking to get there tomorrow (Tues.). Where do you all have your mail sent while you are there? I seem to recall that "general delivery" gets sent to a main P.O. somewhere on the east side to Tucson, not very handy.
John,

There is a  UPS store quite closeby that Jm Godward is using to have his mail forwarded.  It is  in  Oro Valley on Oracle Drive.  Maybe you can look it up online and find a number.

Betty

We're not getting any mail while here, but there is a post office just west of the park on Tangerine.  I don't know if it accepts General Delivery but you should be able to get the phone number from the usps.com web site and give them a call.  Keep in mind that Friday is a holiday.

The Miller's are on maintenance hold.  :mad:

When unhooking electric this morning went around to the other side of the RV to roll up the electric cord and water was running out of the bottom of the RV.  :'(  I think I could fix it myself if I could get access to it. I think "access" is a word that isn't in any RV manufactures vocabulary. After calling three shops I finally found one the was open. Dropped it off about 2pm. They said they would look at it tomorrow. I don't know if they will work on it or just look at it to confirm that it is still there.

We were really looking forward to seeing everyone. Will keep you posted on our progress or lack thereof.

Most of the attendees went to dinner tonight but some of us were fortunate to see the beautiful AZ sunset from the campground.

Attachments

• Sunset (Medium).JPG
    Sunset (Medium).JPG
    64.4 KB · Views: 32
  • Sunset 3 (Medium).JPG
    Sunset 3 (Medium).JPG
    61.1 KB · Views: 26
Very nice picture, Ned (or Lorna?). You can't beat an Arizona sunset.

Wendy
Salton Sea SRA

Well, we won't be there, but our son is within about 10 miles of you guys.  He starts his new job tomorrow in air traffic.  He is at he TRACON, (radar long distance stuff) at the AFB, not at the airport.  Tried to get him to fill in for us, but you know how kids are. 

Ned:

We are headed down in the AM. How is parking in Loop B?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freetoroam
Back
Top Bottom