EPDM Coatings
rvupgradestore.com Composet Products PO Box Zone
Over The Network Custom Yacht Interiors

Author Topic: American RV spotted in UK  (Read 3330 times)

Ian H

• ---
American RV spotted in UK
« on: September 05, 2009, 12:39:08 PM »
Last wednesday i pulled into Warrington Lymm truck services on the M6 in Cheshire for the night.
As i walked to the travelodge there was a 45 ft RV and i thought who managed to register that over here ,to my surprise it was a Featherlight Vogue complete with Jeep toad both with Florida Seminole tags .
It was raining, late and the rig was in darkness so didnt get a chance for a chat
Just wondering if it was someone from this forum

Ian
Ian and Doreen
Dodge 3500 Dually   Cedar Creek 5th Wheel

Cornwall UK   when not touring USA

Tom

• Administrator
  • ---
    • RV Forum web site
Re: American RV spotted in UK
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2009, 04:09:15 PM »
Ian, I could have said it was us on the way down the Gower peninsula, but you'd know that would be highly unlikely via the M6. You'd also know a 45' coach would be a tight fit on the small roads down the Gower.

Was the coach still there in the morning? I wondered if you might have snapped a picture.

Just curious, do they "officially" allow you to sleep overnight in the motorway services, or do you have to park and stay at the Travelodge?
« Last Edit: September 05, 2009, 04:12:44 PM by Tom »
Tom.  Need help? Click the Help button in the toolbar above.

Ian H

• ---
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2009, 05:17:27 PM »
Hi Tom
i only had my camera phone which is old just for work,it was still there in the morning as i left 7 am .
Warrington Lymm is a dedicated truck stop also for cars and coaches ,these days you get 2 hrs free parking then you got to pay at motorway service stations .

The RV was in the coach parking bay and i bet it was noisey with 100's of trucks moving all the time.

Luckily i get the option of sleeping in the truck or room in the travelodge all paid for inc meals,you cant beat a proper bed and decent shower,
and you get free parking when at the travelodge

I will be traveling back up north again on monday with 5 tourists broken down cars on board so will keep an eye out for it and this time take my camera,you never know i might come across it again

Ian
Ian and Doreen
Dodge 3500 Dually   Cedar Creek 5th Wheel

Cornwall UK   when not touring USA

caymann

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2010, 09:22:41 PM »
I think that MH belongs to UltimaRV

Hosted by Over The Network