American RV spotted in UK

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ian H

Last wednesday i pulled into Warrington Lymm truck services on the M6 in Cheshire for the night.
As i walked to the travelodge there was a 45 ft RV and i thought who managed to register that over here ,to my surprise it was a Featherlight Vogue complete with Jeep toad both with Florida Seminole tags .
It was raining, late and the rig was in darkness so didnt get a chance for a chat
Just wondering if it was someone from this forum

Ian

Ian, I could have said it was us on the way down the Gower peninsula, but you'd know that would be highly unlikely via the M6. You'd also know a 45' coach would be a tight fit on the small roads down the Gower.

Was the coach still there in the morning? I wondered if you might have snapped a picture.

Just curious, do they "officially" allow you to sleep overnight in the motorway services, or do you have to park and stay at the Travelodge?

Hi Tom
i only had my camera phone which is old just for work,it was still there in the morning as i left 7 am .
Warrington Lymm is a dedicated truck stop also for cars and coaches ,these days you get 2 hrs free parking then you got to pay at motorway service stations .

The RV was in the coach parking bay and i bet it was noisey with 100's of trucks moving all the time.

Luckily i get the option of sleeping in the truck or room in the travelodge all paid for inc meals,you cant beat a proper bed and decent shower,
and you get free parking when at the travelodge

I will be traveling back up north again on monday with 5 tourists broken down cars on board so will keep an eye out for it and this time take my camera,you never know i might come across it again

Ian

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7mark7
Back
Top Bottom