Horizon 2007 Windshield Wipers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

John Frank

2007 Itasca Horizon.  Our windshield wipers will not stay on the windshield.  They work for awhile and then get hung-up at the bottom.  Would replacing the entire brackets on both resolve the problem.  I have asked others and no one else has a problem.

Have you checked the mechanical mechanism all the way back to the motor.  It sounds to me like something is loose and becoming maladjusted.

Hi John - welcome!

Do your wipers have a normal operating range of motion, but get stuck occasionally, or are they traveling too far in one direction?

At speeds over 50 mph, the wipers seem to fall off the windshield when either a truck passes or we have a crosswind.  I have to stop and pull them back up on the windshield.  It seems that they don't want to stay on the windshield.  Thanks for any suggestions.

Resurrecting an old thread, here. My 08 Adventurer 38J wipers work perfectly at a stop or slow speeds. When I drive over 50 MPH, or there is a headwind, the driver's side wiper will go completely off the glass, and stay there till I stop and push it back in place. They have a normal range of travel at low speeds, nothing is loose, nothing I can find is broken, bent, or stripped, but the driver's side wiper over-travels. Wondering if there was any resolution to the original question???

steve-n-sueC said:
Resurrecting an old thread, here. My 08 Adventurer 38J wipers work perfectly at a stop or slow speeds. When I drive over 50 MPH, or there is a headwind, the driver's side wiper will go completely off the glass, and stay there till I stop and push it back in place. They have a normal range of travel at low speeds, nothing is loose, nothing I can find is broken, bent, or stripped, but the driver's side wiper over-travels. Wondering if there was any resolution to the original question???
The original poster never posted ANYTHING on the forum after the two posts above. That was 9 years ago
I would check the linkage arms from the motor to the wiper post. They could have a worn bushing

darsben said:
The original poster never posted ANYTHING on the forum after the two posts above. That was 9 years ago
I would check the linkage arms from the motor to the wiper post. They could have a worn bushing

I would have to conclude that he solved his problem by selling his RV. ;D That would also solve any other problems and prevent all future ones too! :))

John Frank said:
2007 Itasca Horizon.  Our windshield wipers will not stay on the windshield.  They work for awhile and then get hung-up at the bottom.  Would replacing the entire brackets on both resolve the problem.  I have asked others and no one else has a problem.

I had the same problem this spring. And to give a short answer to you question is No.
My reason for that answer is that I replaced EVERYTHING in the wiper assemblies. New arms, new pivots, new linkage arms. The only item not replaced was the wiper motor.
I finished up the job just in time to head home to Toledo, OH from a campground in Savannah GA. As luck would have it we ran into bad weather and the LH wiper faile to return to center position, and was stuck beyond the outside limit.

I initially found the LH pivot was broken. It takes a mirror and flashlight with nimble hands to inspect the condition of the pivots condition.

I have no idea what the cure is, but I will post once I can return to the problem

Good Luck.

Corky

Back
Top Bottom