Another "great" weekend

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tomnshell

I was told by our dealer to use our 110 home power to lift and lower the top of our Fleetwood Niagara or we'd quickly kill the battery.  Even though there were stickers on the camper stating not to use it that way vs using the battery or DC.  Well, we've been camping a lot this year and have never had a problem using home current or the electric at the sites.  We were finishing up packing on Friday and the lift would not lower.  When I pressed the up button, you could here a slight click from the box where the remote is plugged in, but there was nothing when I pressed the down button.  We lowered it by hand (ridiculously hard to do though) and went on our merry way.  I started to crank it up manually and the small flange that was mounted to the end of the axle sticking out of the motor completely sheered off.  I ended up having to lift it with vice grips.  Oh joy.

My kids didn't realize the toilet was WAY full, and neither did I since the batteries for the gauge died during the weekend as well.  After my morning visit, I realized nothing else would fit.  Doh!  I won't go into how that went, but it wasn't fun.

I'm just glad to be home. 

I may have mentioned before how the dealer sold us the camper, stating our Pacifica could tow it, only to find out it couldn't when I went to get the hitch installed.  Now that I have borrowed a truck that doesn't have to go back for a few days, I'm going to a place with scales to weigh it with all our gear.  I hope it'll work out rather than go on speculation alone.  I have been wary, since I don't want to spend a few hundred dollars and end up with an "I told you so."

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlSpackler
Back
Top Bottom