08 Fleetwood Niagara broken lift motor

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tomnshell

I had read there was an issue when using the electric lift system (Atwood, from what I've read) via any electric source other than the battery.  My dealership (Trailer City, Fairmont, WV) told me to use the adapter they gave me for the power cord and run it on house current or I'd kill the camper battery (and another thing, is a recharging system for the battery standard or am I just an idiot? - don't answer the 2nd part). 

There's a sticker that reads I shouldn't use anything besides DC current (battery, I'm assuming) vs 110v house current (extension cords).  So, after using it all year, the lift finally gave way.  I had the top up and the system stopped working when I went ot lower it.  I hear a click in the box where the wired remote is connected when I press the down button, but nothing when I press the up button.  I had to manually lift the top and sheared the small metal cap off the end of the lift axle.

Any ideas as to what I should do besides pay Trailer City an arm and a leg to repair it?  I'll look for some replacement parts, but I'm hoping someone here will have some insight as to what I should do.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DUSM0518
Back
Top Bottom