2007 Voyage 35A - Any concerns ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

WhiteEagle

First time Rv er  - Just purchased a new (not previously used ) 2007 Voyage 35A last week - only have 600 miles on it this past weekend from test trips and so far all is well..... found all the controls / etc.... everything seems to be working fine at this point.....
Ignorance is bliss but just wondering if any other current owners have had experiences / issues that might point me in some direction to watch for or be aware of......

Congrats on the purchase!  Our current rig was also our first and the learning curve was fun most of the time, and a little less than fun other times.  Stand by for other comments from Voyage owners...

WhiteEagle said:
First time Rv er  - Just purchased a new (not previously used ) 2007 Voyage 35A last week - only have 600 miles on it this past weekend from test trips and so far all is well..... found all the controls / etc.... everything seems to be working fine at this point.....
Ignorance is bliss but just wondering if any other current owners have had experiences / issues that might point me in some direction to watch for or be aware of......

One thing I would keep an eye on would be the batteries.  Unless they put new batteries in when you purchased it, the batteries are 2 plus years old and probaly discharged while sitting.  Check the water level and see how it works with lights water pump, furnace etc. without shore power.

If your coach is on a Workhorse W-22 chassis, you should be aware of the potential for brake problems.  There is a recall pending.

John Hilley said:
One thing I would keep an eye on would be the batteries.  Unless they put new batteries in when you purchased it, the batteries are 2 plus years old and probaly discharged while sitting.  Check the water level and see how it works with lights water pump, furnace etc. without shore power.
Thanks for the point... know that one battery was added during final prep but not sure about the others - likely are the originals - will check as you mentioned..

Photog said:
If your coach is on a Workhorse W-22 chassis, you should be aware of the potential for brake problems.  There is a recall pending.
Appreciate the item... this one is a Ford chassis..........

I have an 06 Voyage with the Ford & like it. The only thing I suggest you look at is the plastic dome on the bathroom vent on the roof. On mine when it was brand new the plastic from sun UV had cracked & turned to almost like soda crackers & it leaked rain water. It was very easy to replace with a screwdriver. Other than that I have been pleased & have put 16,000 on it. Good luck & enjoy. Art

Art In Mobile said:
I have an 06 Voyage with the Ford & like it. The only thing I suggest you look at is the plastic dome on the bathroom vent on the roof. On mine when it was brand new the plastic from sun UV had cracked & turned to almost like soda crackers & it leaked rain water. It was very easy to replace with a screwdriver. Other than that I have been pleased & have put 16,000 on it. Good luck & enjoy. Art
Thanks for the input - mine seems to be fine at this point.....
Did you rv come with a spare ? I have the 235/80 R 22.5 Michelin XRV tires but am told none of the Winnebago class A's for several years have had mount or spares with them........guess everyone relies on good luck and coach-net..........

WhitEagle
My Ford has 19.5 inch tires. The 19.5 inch Winnebago's do come with a spare. The 22.5 tires normally do not come with a spare. The main reason is it takes about 500 foot pounds to tighten properly and even more to brake lose the slightly rusted bolts. If you keep a good eye on your tires (inflation & year made) you will seldom if ever have a problem. There are so many over the road tire repair venders now that the chance of getting one replaced on the road is a lot better now. Some larger Diesels Winnebago's carry a spare even if it is not mounted. On our gas models I personally would use the space and weight to carry other things Like when I installed the washer/dryer. I would much rather carry the weight of that washer/dryer than a spare tire that I would have to call someone else to bring out a 1 inch air wrench to remove it anyway. Just my 2 cents. We have had a great time with ours. Good luck to you.

Whiteeagle...check my signature... ;D  We love the floorplan with the opposing front slides.

The downside....the air conditioner can't keep up with all this floorspace during hot temps.

Since we have the exact coach, ask if you have any questions.....to answer one of your questions, NO, there is no spare...we use CoachNet for roadside service if we had some type of flat or blowout (knock on wood)

Mark

Mark
I have seen Voyages with roof air & basement air. Mine is basement air. A friend (2005 early Voyage) has the roof air. What do you have on yours? There are pros & cons to both. I can feel small air leaks between the vertical duct. Art

Art, I have the Basement air...and I have had some pretty big problems with it.....Roof airs for me next time!!!!!!  ;)

Mark
I think John hinted at the answer once when he said something like one roof air up front with the basement air just in case. Art

Art In Mobile said:
Mark
I think John hinted at the answer once when he said something like one roof air up front with the basement air just in case. Art
Our 2007 has ceiling ducted air vents, air conditioning unit is mounted in side comparment rear of the tires rather than on the roof......
Obviously seeing as we just got it Sept 1st, we haven't used it yet in WI -  fortunately, haven't used the heat either but it won't be long......

I assume you got the one year new coach warranty, if so perhaps some of the issues with batteries, etc. will work themselves out. That is certainly my hope because I am about to buy a 2007 Sunrise 35L that is also "new".  We are apparently headed down the same road....

Indy Itasca said:
I assume you got the one year new coach warranty, if so perhaps some of the issues with batteries, etc. will work themselves out. That is certainly my hope because I am about to buy a 2007 Sunrise 35L that is also "new".  We are apparently headed down the same road....

I did get the new coach 1 yr 12,000mi coverage with Winnebago through Coachnet -- and also the 3yr/36000 mile complete coverage from Phoenix American ....believe I'm double covered for no good reason for the first year....
Getting valve extenders and the tire prssure monitoring system put in so I'm a little more comfortable going out without a spare...
Already noticed the drivers seat is "cocked" and pointed about 2-3" to the right of the steering wheel center so that will be the first warranty work... haven't found anything else yet......
haven't gotten a tow bar unit yet..... didn't plan on towing a car this fall/winter... maybe next year....
[edit]Fixed quote.[/edit]

WhiteEagle said:
Already noticed the drivers seat is "cocked" and pointed about 2-3" to the right of the steering wheel center so that will be the first warranty work... haven't found anything else yet......

Noticed the same thing with our driver's seat - didn't do anything about it and don't notice it any longer.

John Canfield said:
Noticed the same thing with our driver's seat - didn't do anything about it and don't notice it any longer.
Will be taking it to dealer and have corrected unless I get it adjusted today - it looks like there's 4 bolts that if loosened, may allow the seat to be straighten ..(and then will retighten the bolts)
Thought is was me when I test drove it but after 400 miles, it becomes obvious the seat's slightly off.... I emailed Winnebago tech and he said the dealer could adjust...

Dealer says they believe the angle of the seat is within normal tolerances and they do not know how to adjust it so guess mine may have to stay slightly cocked also....I may try adjusting it with the 4 bolts I believe might allow me to change it.............
Had them winterize the whole water system ..... As the plumbing diagrams and schematics are not correct for this model, I couldn't find the location of the actual water pump or even the heated..... they're well concealed.... found the water pump but decided to let them do the whole thing......
I may end up asking more questions here like where in the devil is the actual water heater....
Dealer did not want to show me where all this stuff is or how to winterize "because of the possible liability" if I then do it wrong.......... Believe they have agreed now to at least show me where the components of the plumbing system (rem: the schematics and diagrams are incorrect) are but are reluctant to actually walk through the process...... suspect they intend to have me captive to their services........
Guess we'll get there......
Also will be posting question on the tires in different topic....ID of them doesn't seem to match Winnebago info....

Typically you can adjust seat height or angle by adding some washers on the mounting bolts, between the seat frame and the floor.

Addendum: Now I realize it is not the tilt angle that needs adjusting. Probably not much to be done about the other angle. I suspect the chair is square with respect to the chassis but the dashbaord is angled slightly in front of the driver, perhaps slightly curved, making the seat appear to be off.

The water heater is easily located - simply turn on the LP gas mode of operation and listen. Then go outside and locate the access door that covers it - it pops open easily, usually hinged at the top with a single snap lock at the bottom.

Back
Top Bottom