Sedona flood

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alaskansnowbirds

Site Team
Yesterday at about 2pm a storm hit Sedona. They received between 2 and 3 inches of rain in less than 45 minutes. As you can imagine nothing there could handle that much rain that fast. From the time the rain started until the flash flood was mostly gone was just a little over an hour. The storm was moving from the Northwest to the Southeast and missed us here in Camp Verde to the East. We didn't have a drop of rain here at the house.

The worst damage was at Tlaquepaque where they had three feet of water in some areas. Many cars were washed into a pile. Those who have been there may remember a very large bronze elk. It weighs over 1500 pounds and was washed off it mounting. As you can imagine Tlaquepaque is a muddy mess now.

Big thunder-boomer just blew through here headed southwest.....could make it down to you guys.

Wendy

Hope my cousin faired well in Oak Creek.  They are on higher ground but do have a creek running through the property.

tah LOCK ee POCK ee --- I had that once and it itched like crazy

Alaskansnowbirds said:
I didn't hear of any flooding out that way.

Thanks, Don.  Glad you avoided it too.  Another advantage of living on top of a hill.

Sedona flooding

Here are some pretty dramatic pictures of the flooding. It is blowing my mind. We stayed at the hotel whose parking lot is featured in these photos in January. Our motorhome was parked in that parking lot for a week.

Pierat said:
My previous post was to give the pronunciation of tlaquepaque, plus some nonsense sounds.

Well, now I get it. I thought you were cursing the rain gods in some ancient language.  :D

Nasty flood.

Wendy

Carl L, at your age you have a wonderful sense of humor. How do you do it?

The Aztec gods will get you for that.  ;D

carson FL

Wish my name was Thor... I am a thunderhead, some people claim. I suppose your real name is Odin?

I happen to be part Scandinavian as well.

carson FL

Back
Top Bottom