Summer Forum Rally in Sutherlin OR

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Betty Brewer

Moderator Emeritus
I did not call this topic a mini rally because there were so many of us it was beyond mini.  Today 9/15/09 we  pulled into Timber Valley Escapees Park in Sutherlin Oregon.  It was a beautiful late summer warm day.  Wally and Helaine invited us and those Forum members at this SKP park to a happy hour where we all talked at the same time and  caught up with summer  events and fall plans. 

Terry was able to fix the computers of many .  We boon docked and will leave early in am.  While we  note that  we all age , happily  we still enjoy the company of one another and laugh about the  old times. 
In no particular order the  participants were,Terry and Betty Brewer, Wally and Helaine Hepworth, Tom and Margi Binniger and their daughter Cathy,  visitng from Northern California, Norm and Connie Langford, Dan and Jeannine Wainwright.  So we had 11 folks on the patio of  Wally and Helaine. Yes  black water discussions were covered!

We got our  Escapees welcome from camp volunteers and loved our brief stay here.

Betty

Attachments

• IMG_1992.JPG
    IMG_1992.JPG
    51.3 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_1994.JPG
    IMG_1994.JPG
    64 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_1996.JPG
    IMG_1996.JPG
    33 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_1999.JPG
    IMG_1999.JPG
    69.3 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_2000.JPG
    IMG_2000.JPG
    60.8 KB · Views: 49
Thanks Betty for the report and the pictures, too.  Everyone looks great.  Greet everyone for us. 

Hi Betty, Thanks for posting the pictures. It was a fun time.  A good visit but wish you could have stayed longer.
We found Terry's Can cover(hmmm that doesn't sound quite right) but any how I put it in MH and will get it back to him when our paths cross again and I promise we will not steal him away for computer problems then. Everything seems to be working just fine.

And Linda H, I hope you are out there...
No I am not your college room mate. By the time I did any college time my room mates were my husband and 3 kids and it was local community college.
But I will look forward to another forum member being in the park. There are 4 couples that have made the long journey to the top of the list.

Helaine

Hey, great pictures of the "motley crew"....  Would have loved to have been there.  Looks like you all had a great time.  None of you seemed to have aged much since the last time we saw all of you!

Daisy

We wold have loved to have you join us, too, Daisy.  We're so fortunate to be near I-5.  This weekend Russ Mahoney drove down from Coburg (Eugene) to take a break from his coach repairs.  Lucky us!  :D

Margi

Wish we were there too and enjoying  the company of all of you.  Ned and I are in Denver for the weekend.

Helaine & Wally said:
And Linda H, I hope you are out there...
No I am not your college room mate.
Well, I figured it was a long shot that you would end up being my old college roommate, but thought I'd at least ask since I've never known anyone else (nor ever heard of anyone else) with your first name.

We're currently (as of 9/1) #39 on the list for a lot at the Sutherlin SKP park.  We'll look you up next time we're there.

Had a nice visit at the SKP park in Sutherlin OR with Biningers, Hepworths, Lankfords, and Wainwrights on a pleasantly cool weekend ( it will be near 100F tomorrow). At one of our happy hours, we shared the Snoopy's meadow with 3 local deer.

Attachments

• 20090919_Biningers___71DE87.jpg
    20090919_Biningers___71DE87.jpg
    142.5 KB · Views: 25
  • 20090919_Biningers___71DE88.jpg
    20090919_Biningers___71DE88.jpg
    150.7 KB · Views: 25
  • 20090919_deer_at_Sut_71DE89.jpg
    20090919_deer_at_Sut_71DE89.jpg
    174.9 KB · Views: 26
  • 20090919_deer_at_Sut_71DE82.jpg
    20090919_deer_at_Sut_71DE82.jpg