05 Journey Satelite Dish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

itchn2go

The dish that comes with the 05 Journey 39K. I called Winegard and they gave me a Model # and said that not many parts are still available. There is a four button controler in the Switcher Compartment but truthfully I have been "chicken" to push any of them.

Can anyone enlighten me as to what I have , how does it work and how efficient is it? Thank you all for helping a challenged old man. ;D
Safe Miles

Do you have Dish Network or Direct?

If you have Dish I can help since I've been using mine for 5 years now.

Bill

I'll check the model # and get back to you.. I have Direct TV, yet my question pertains to how it works. What button to push first, does it turn by itself etc etc etc or any other info about the Dish itself that you can tell me.. THanks

What you have is a Winegard AS-2003. If it still works, congratulations!. If it doesn't and you have any warranty on it or the coach, call Winegard and plead your case. The unit is basically a dog, and there is almost zero support for them, they just want them off the street ASAP. Once I proved mine was in warranty I upgraded to their top-of-the-line SK-3005 and they gave me a swingin' deal.

Theoretically all you have to do is turn on the sat receiver, enter you current ZIP code and then turn on the dish by hitting the power button.  It might even work.  It helps if the MH is level.  IF it doesn't work automatically, then you have to get the dish angles from the sat receiver/TV and manually adjust the elevation to the required angle and then sweep using the manual right and left buttons.

Ocassionally it will have to be reset and you will need the instruction from Winegard.  I have a set "someplace" in the RV but will not have access to it for at least a week - shop time.  :-((

As Jeff said, it is a dog and WG has very few if any part if it fails.  I got one of the last azimuth gears a year ago.  I think they said they had 5 or so then.  One of these days I will have to buy another roof top dish but there are problems because of the multiple receivers I have, a total of 4 tuners, hers to watch and record on another  channel  and the same for me.  We like our toys!!    VBG

Jim Godward said:
Theoretically all you have to do is turn on the sat receiver, enter you current ZIP code and then turn on the dish by hitting the power button.  It might even work.  It helps if the MH is level.  IF it doesn't work automatically, then you have to get the dish angles from the sat receiver/TV and manually adjust the elevation to the required angle and then sweep using the manual right and left buttons.

Ocassionally it will have to be reset and you will need the instruction from Winegard.  I have a set "someplace" in the RV but will not have access to it for at least a week - shop time.   :-((

As Jeff said, it is a dog and WG has very few if any part if it fails.  I got one of the last azimuth gears a year ago.  I think they said they had 5 or so then.  One of these days I will have to buy another roof top dish but there are problems because of the multiple receivers I have, a total of 4 tuners, hers to watch and record on another  channel  and the same for me.  We like our toys!!    VBG
The SK-3005 has 4 independent outputs :)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MoeHoward
Back
Top Bottom