Backup camera R&R

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jake Reed

I have a Holiday Rambler with a factory backup camera system.  When I turn on the system the video monitor comes on but no picture.  I went to the camera from inside the RV and cannot find anything wrong with the wiring.  I believe the problem to be the camera.  From the inside it is fiberglassed in so I am guess I need to remove it from the outside.  I cannot find any writeup and information on how to properly remove it from the body.  It looks like I have to remove the sealant which seems to be the only thing only everything together.  Anyone know of a webpage or writeup discussing how to remove the camera.  Anyone have any information on how to do it correctly?

Jake

The most common cause of problems is the wiring at either end, but if you checked out both it may well be the camera. Might be worthwhile to run a separate signal cable temporarily, though, just to prove it out.I'm not familiar with the way the system is installed in a 94 HR Alumalite, so can't hep with the R&R.

Gary,

We were going to do that last night but looking through the cabinets into the access hole for the wiring I can say there is no way to accress the camera from there.  It is fully fiberglassed in and the wires are all sealed up into the case.  I guess I could cut them and splice a lead right there.  Just cutting wires and especially AV wires always makes me nervous.  They really did not design this part to be serviced.

Jake

Sounds good.  Just wanted verification.  Can't wait to take it out for the first time.

Jake

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlSpackler
Back
Top Bottom