Holiday Rambler wiring diagram

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

buttanic

I have a 1992 Holiday Rambler 1000 class A motorhome on a Ford chassie. I have loss 12 volt power to the windshield wipers and the over dash driver and passenger fans. I have checked every fuse in every 12 volt panel (3) in the coach without finding a blown fuse.
I contacted Holiday Rambler in search of a wiring diagram of the coach but they do not have one which is typical, if it is over 10 years old they don't care about customer service.
Would anyone happen to have one that they could scan.
Thanks
Tom

Can't help you about the wiring diagram, but Holiday Rambler was a division of Monaco Coach which went into bankruptcy and is just emerging as Monaco RV LLC.  HR was bought by Monaco some years ago and probably never did have coach diagrams.  Often when an RV manufacturer is having financial difficulties one of the losses is paperwork.  When they get taken over by another firm a lot of the stuff just disappears in the melee.  Hopefully one of our HR owners will be able to help you.

ArdraF

Holiday Rambler did have wiring diagrams, our 1997 Endeavor came with them.  The chassis wiring diagrams were obtained from Freightliner with a phone call.

Ned, do you recall what year Monaco bought HR?  The OP is talking about 1992.  That's a looonng time ago in the RV world.  ::)

ArdraF

From what I could find on Google, Monaco bought HR from Harley-Davidson in 1996.

Ford supplies only two of the fuse/distribution panels.  The coach builder supplies all others.

The early F53 has a "fuse box" located under/in the dash somewhere near the steering column.  Fuse position (actually a circuit breaker) number 2 is for the windshield wipers.

There is a second Ford supplied box, the "power distribution box" located on the outside of the firewall (under the hood, so to speak) that contains additional fuses and relays for the more heavy current items like the horn, fuel pump, ignition, headlamps, etc..

Both boxes have fuse locations labeled "Body Builder Accessory Feed".  These positions are where the coach builder fuses things that they add, such as those overhead fans.

I'll attach a scanned page from a 1994 manual that may, or may not, be of much help.  The standard supplied manuals did not include detailed point-to-point wiring diagrams.

Attachments

• Ford F53A.jpg
    Ford F53A.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 124
Ned, thanks.  So they're talking about the "original" HR.  When Monaco bought Safari etc. some of the techs told us there was little or no paperwork for the coaches and they were really frustrated in trying to make repairs.  I suppose this also could have been the case with HR but that's just a guess.

ArdraF

Thanks Lou, for the scan. I know about the fuse box but have not seen the power distribution box. I will do some more looking. I ran  temporally permanent power from another source to the wiper switch and got them working but they won't park.

Does your auto step work? If not it has an inline 30 amp fuse and the info on it says it will not work if not properly grounded. I am having problems with the starter. 6 months ago it was running great and now nothing. Just trying all the different test to check it and now my auto step will not activate, just thought I would tell you that as it may be a similar problem. I hate damn electrical!!!

newby22 said:
Does your auto step work? If not it has an inline 30 amp fuse and the info on it says it will not work if not properly grounded. I am having problems with the starter. 6 months ago it was running great and now nothing. Just trying all the different test to check it and now my auto step will not activate, just thought I would tell you that as it may be a similar problem. I hate damn electrical!!!
Newby22...this is a very old subject, so you may not get a response.  You may want to start a new subject specific to your problem.

I had help from a group on Yahoo Groups. There are several  but I think the best is "Monacoers".
Good luck and safe travels!

Ford supplies only two of the fuse/distribution panels. The coach builder supplies all others.

The early F53 has a "fuse box" located under/in the dash somewhere near the steering column. Fuse position (actually a circuit breaker) number 2 is for the windshield wipers.

There is a second Ford supplied box, the "power distribution box" located on the outside of the firewall (under the hood, so to speak) that contains additional fuses and relays for the more heavy current items like the horn, fuel pump, ignition, headlamps, etc..

Both boxes have fuse locations labeled "Body Builder Accessory Feed". These positions are where the coach builder fuses things that they add, such as those overhead fans.

I'll attach a scanned page from a 1994 manual that may, or may not, be of much help. The standard supplied manuals did not include detailed point-to-point wiring diagrams.
This picture is so blurry. Can't read anything on it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awiltzius
Back
Top Bottom