RAMCO Mirror upgrade

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

adun015

I have the old style RAMCO mirrors and need to replace as the shells are cracking, mirror is loosing silver on places & adjustments can't be made due to some set screw problems. I am wondering if anyone has made an upgrade to the RAMCO 7000 or 9000 mirrors. If so did the mounting bolt patterns match? I have attached the best picture I have saved at work and will try to get a close up of the mirror mount when I get home.

Any guidance would be appreciated. As a side note, just finished upgrading the electric air horns to WOLO's due to the low end trumpet was not working on the older ones. The bolt patterns on the mounts were very close but did require some drilling but all in all a pretty nice conversion.

Attachments

• DSC00066.jpg
    DSC00066.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 30
RAMCO has a contact page. I would drop them and e-mail or make a phone call to technical support and I'm sure they could answer the upgrade question.

Joe

I can not help you with the shells save to say that a good body man may well be able to re-build them or "Build them up" so that they either are, or look like, brand new.

The problem is finding a good body man.. look for someone in his senior years who's been in the business since his teens..

As for the mirror.. Any good automotive glass shop should be able to replace the glass

There are basically two kinds of mirrors.. FLAT is easy, they just take your glass off, lay it atop a slab of automotive mirror glass. cut and glue.

Convex.. That is a bit tougher

I have replaced or rather had replaced, many mirrors over the years

I have the Velvac 2020 heads on mine. I've replaced the glass twice on the same mirror.

At $21.95/glass kit, I'm not complaining.

Back
Top Bottom