DAY/NIGHT SHADES vs. BLACKOUT/THERMAL CURTAINS.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

maddog348

Thinking of removing the D/N Shades in MH and replacing them with some kind of blackout/thermal curtains.  Have heard others mention similar projects but find no results anywhere.  Only have 4 ( 2 40"-50"  &  2  12"-15") windows so not a lot of $$$ involved.  Have small alum. mini-blind in kitchen - would leave it as is.

One of the main reasons is that both of the larger windows are "escape" windows and when the window is open the latch sticks out into middle of shade.  Have to be very carefull raising or lowering shade NOT to get snagged on lever.  Another reason is this is a small coach and is hard not to throw a shadow on the blinds at night - hate getting dressed in the dark(or sitting on the commode) ::)

Thought that "curtains" would be easier to use - darker - cheaper to replace (if dogs helped redecorate) - better insulation - etc.etc. ........  O.K.  O.K.  Any one changed to curtains ??.. like it ??.. hate it ??     (Will remove D/N Shades carefully and put in storage -- just in case)

If anyone has any suggestions please jump in.  THANKS.   Kate

We actually added thermal drapes over the day/night shades.  That way we can open drapes during the day and still have privacy with one shade down.  However, don't see any reason not to take them down if you really want to.  It is amazing how much heat the drapes block, I highly recommend them.

I always thought the day/night shades were cool. Now that I have the d*$% things, this thought comes to mind: Be careful what you wish for...you may get them.  ;D

The day/night shades are pretty pricey good thing there are some bizarre that
sells such things in a cheaper price

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
automedicmobile
Back
Top Bottom