Source for smooth sheet metal with quarter radius on slideout

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

chuckwagon

Hi,

Does anyone know of a source for the sheet metal found along the bottom edge of a fiberglass exterior fifth wheel?

It is smooth white metal with a quarter radius bend along the bottom edge. It is about 12 to 15 inches tall (Unsure because unit is in storage at campground).  The transition between the fiberglass and the metal is covered by a molding with a plastic strip hiding the screws.

It was damaged after a tire blowout and I want to fix it myself.

Thanks, Chuck

Personally I'd take it to Ramo.. He's an old time body and fender man and can make what you need.

Now, though Ramo, is not likley to be anywhere near you.. He will have a "look-alike" close by

Any decent metal fabricator can do it for you.. The difference between say Arlo Steel, and people like Ramo is.. Arlo Steel, NO job too big.. Ramo, No job too small. and yours is a small job.

As John mentioned, check with local sheet metal fabricators AFTER you check with the 5'er manufacturer. I had to do exactly what you are about to do. Since Alpenlite (Western RV) closed it's doors, and I couldn't locate their vendors, I checked with local fabricators and had the parts made. Do a little checking as prices varied considerably.

Back
Top Bottom