Fulltiming in an inexpensive RV Park year round?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Marsha,
I don't think Desert Rose it it's name. Can't remember. We stay at Northshore the CRA park. 

For those who have camped there, and know the manager, Tony. He died this year. He will be missed.  :(  :(  :(

Currently in Windy Gulfport,Ms

I know this is an old post how did it turn out...i am in the beginning phases of research before retirement

The original poster hasn't been back for 4 years, so you're best off starting a new topic.

hello,

we FT in our TT sprinter 300KBS with our 2 dogs in a CG in FL, we are still working, so use truck to go work and leave TT at park. we pay $400 mo fee plus elec varies from $60 - $80. we have free cable, which we hooked up to cable box from comcast and pay $34 for box/internet.  since we pay annual, we got to pick our spot where we wanted too and we love the spot we took.  the park is like a ghost town since snowbirds are not here now. its busy for 1/2 yr and empty the other 1/2 of the  year.

it is hot and humid now, and our A/C is holding up good, we have a 15K a/c.  during the cold times, we got a elec fireplace 5K btu and our TT has a 40K btu furnance lp which we supplement to our elec one if needed. 

there were other parks cheaper than the one we are at, but the location here is perfect for us. work is few mins drive. 

hope it works out great for you.

bill & jodi

Hi there,
I'm living year round at a RV park in Oregon and I love it! My space rent is $250 a month and it includes Cable, Internet, Electricity, garbage, and water with onsite showers, bathrooms, and laundry facilities. It's fantastic to have extra money at the end of the month!

Eric

There are many creative ways to live fulltime in an RV on a tiny budget. Go small, go now... I didn't want to wait until I dropped dead, so I went now rather than later.

I live on a super efficient budget and mainly supplement it by workamping so that I have free rent and utilities part of the year.

There are also year round workamping opportunities where you trade part time work for free rent and so on. Plan ahead on workamping, the best situations are snapped up far in advance though last minute opportunities are always available too.

Every situation is drastically different so be prepared to be flexible and figure out what works for you.

At first I just grabbed what I could so I would have great references, now I am able to pick and choose more to my liking.

Hi Eric
I was wondering about parks in Oregon. Any information you have would be helpful. I have a 40 ft  5th wheel, Thank-you.

We lived in our 5th wheel for a year before I retired from the AF. I worked at the RV park p/t in exchange for part of the rent. We also lived in our 5th wheel when I was a student at the University of Florida in Gainesville. We lived in a rundown mobile home park. Appearance wise it was crap but it was cheap and close enough to campus that I could ride my bicycle (not too often since I was 50 years old). My son lives in a park here in Delaware. He pays $550 per month which includes water. His electric is meteredand runs him about $30 mo.

The Escapees RV Club owns eight RV parks located in AL, AZ, FL, MO, NM, TN, and TX (2). The monthly full hookup rates for members range from $225 to $480, depending on location. There are also eleven Escapees Co-Op parks that are independently owned by club member groups that set their own rates and rules for each park. The co-op parks are located in AZ (2), CA (2), FL, NV, NM, OR, and WA.

https://escapees.com/support/parking/rainbow-parks

https://escapees.com/support/parking/skp-co-ops

An interesting thread but be aware the the OP posted it almost 8 years ago and even some of the later responses are years old. 

Bill

Bill N said:
An interesting thread but be aware the the OP posted it almost 8 years ago and even some of the later responses are years old. 

Bill

I thought since the stock market tripled since the original post the OP would have delayed retirement to make back the money lost in the 401K. Besides it takes me a long time to form an opinion and get it posted.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeep3501
Back
Top Bottom