Ain't America great.. a way to cool off in December

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

carson

Are you tired of the heat?  Try this in early December in Kissimmee, Florida.

ICE! Where nearly two million pounds of ice have been transformed into a winter wonderland.  Your visit to this exhibit at the Gaylord Palms Hotel in Kissimmee will feature larger-than-life, three-dimensional holiday scenes and sculptures. As temperature will be about 9 degrees, all guests are provided calf-length, hooded winter coats to keep them warm. Please wear long pants and closed-toe shoes, and hats and gloves are recommended.

(no affiliation... just info).

carson FL

All the Gaylord hotels are great and are worth a visit during the winter holidays for a look-see.

Wendy

We have 8 inches of snow on the ground here today 9/23, and it is still snowing heavily.....by the time December gets here, ithe temps will be well below zero.

Now THAT'S a good way to cool off in December!  ;D

carson said:
Wendy, tell me more what you know about the Gaylord's

There are 4 - Opryland (Nashville), Grapevine (Dallas), the one in Florida, and one in the Washington DC area (may not be done yet). They're all under cover, what I call in "pods" with wonderful architecture and gardens. During the holidays, they do massive decoration. If you're ever in an area where one is located, it's worth a walk thru.....but get a map cuz it's easy to get lost.

Wendy

Wendy said:
There are 4 - Opryland (Nashville), Grapevine (Dallas), the one in Florida, and one in the Washington DC area (may not be done yet). They're all under cover, what I call in "pods" with wonderful architecture and gardens. During the holidays, they do massive decoration. If you're ever in an area where one is located, it's worth a walk thru.....but get a map cuz it's easy to get lost.

Wendy

We live down the street from the one in Grapevine. I haven't been there. Spending my first 40 years in New England cured me from wanting to visit ice and snow (but it looks nice on TV :)). I won a trip to the Orlando Gaylord which I gave my son as a wedding present. His comment was it was the nicest hotel that he would never stay at again. He and his bride loved the place, but wouldn't spend the money.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abrown666
Back
Top Bottom