what can I expect $$$

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I looked around this forum and didn't see this ask or answered
if so sorry to repeat:

I'm trying to set a goal of three to four years becoming a fulltimer what kind of monthly living expenses can I look forward to.
I know no one can tell me for shore but just a rough estimate would be helpful.

In asking this question, I have found that people who have a lot of money will say that you need much money every month.  And people who have a little money will say that you don't need that much. You can look at my figures by going to http://rvroadtrip.us/Budget/2009.asp to get an idea of what the categories are for expenses.  My expenses will likely not be useful to you but it may help you get an idea.

Lots of people say my figures are too low, but generally these are people who have more money than I do.  People who have the same or less resources than I do say they are just fine.  ;D

Try the Search button above and you'll find a number of prior discussions on fulltiming expenses.

As RVRoadtrip says, it all depends on your budget, lifestyle and amount of travel.  What some folks consider to be just fine would not even be living in another's estimation.  You can spend anywhere from $13-$50+ per night (average) on a park,  anywhere from $10-$100 per day on food (eat at home vs restaurants ), and whatever you choose on entertainment and travel (fuel). One good thing - most people find they spend less on clothing, especially those who are newly retired. You don't have room for an extensive wardrobe and RVers are very casual anyway.

Generally, if you stay long term in places chosen for price rather than prime real estate, eat modestly in your RV, choose free entertainment rather than tourist attractions and don't drive a lot of miles every month, you can get by handily on a very limited budget, e.g. a social security check.

I'm trying to set a goal of three to four years becoming a fulltimer what kind of monthly living expenses can I look forward to
How much of a monthly income will you have as a fulltimer in 3-4 years.
Will you be debt free?
No RV or toad payments?
Heath Insurance covered?
Are you going to travel 100 miles a month or 1,000 plus?
Need cell phone?
Anytime Internet service?
Eat all meals in RV?
Eat all meals out?
Want satellite TV service?
One or two receivers?
DVR?
HD programs?
Premium Sports programs?

WOW! Just to many questions and life styles to know what your cost will be.

thanks for all the info I've been doning some research I see that its not a one answer question if I live a more lavish life style my buget well need to be more then say
a more simple life style thank again for info

I have found that my budget is roughly $10 a day for a campsite, $10 a day for food, and $10 a day for gas. That's $900 a month and I do quite well with that budget. That still leaves me a few hundred a month for incidentals and repairs.

Or you can volunteer at some site and get free camping and maybe some other expenses covered.  We often get some meals where we work.

Back
Top Bottom