Yellowstone 2009

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PancakeBill

Elk are in the rut season.  Saw this guy on my wayto fishing today, When they are this close you just have to stop.  You also need to check wich ISO you had the cam set to last, ended up shooting at 6400, so it is a touch noisy.

Attachments

• IMG_5976.jpg
    IMG_5976.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 50
Bill, I don't think that proud boy is going to complain about your photography. 

He has had a few encounters already, judging from the missing point on his left antler.

Couple shots here.  Fist two, this morning, temp went BELOW ZERO last night.  Made for some nice photgraphs early this morning.  Last is a coyote I have been watchin when I can, he is pouncing on liunch.  He got lunch. 

http://www.blurb.com/bookstore/detail/891902

This link goes to a summer book I put together for ourselves.  You can see the whole thing here.  The website has it for sale, this is not a plea to buy, just the easiest way to peruse it.

Attachments

• IMG_6273_edited-1.jpg
    IMG_6273_edited-1.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_6197_edited-1.jpg
    IMG_6197_edited-1.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 36
PancakeBill said:
Couple shots here.  Fist two, this morning, temp went BELOW ZERO last night.  Made for some nice photgraphs early this morning.  Last is a coyote I have been watchin when I can, he is pouncing on liunch.  He got lunch. 

http://www.blurb.com/bookstore/detail/891902

This link goes to a summer book I put together for ourselves.  You can see the whole thing here.  The website has it for sale, this is not a plea to buy, just the easiest way to peruse it.

How do you transport your HD?

The mc (Yamaha VStar Classic 1100), rides in our 6x12 enclosed trailer.  With an eye on the forecast I loaded it last week.

Sorry, I apologize... I glanced at the photo in the book previews and just "assumed" it was a HD.  Yamaha makes great motos, I've had several.

I loved your book as well but I was really curious about the bike transport since we are debating ways to carry a moto ourselves.

thanks, g.

The bike lifts are great on a diesel, nbut on a gas coach, pretty much too much to hang on the back.  I wanted to get a pickup truck and load it in the bed, but decided to keep the trailer and rent a car for the duration.  The trailer is a great mobile shed.  I have it configured to carry bicylcels and allsorts of stuff.  Put in a shelving unit for a pantry while we are stationary.  Good for long stops, less so for travel.  

Here in Ystone the shopping trips are all day affairs, so you need to be able to stock up, the shelves come in very handy.  

Next year I would like to tow my car, leave trailer behind, but wife won't like it.  That makes getting the bike here problematical.  JC Transport is good, will ship bike for not much, again, OK for long term, ntot so much for travel.  I can take trailer and bike and ship car, not that much more than the bike, but both ways comes in about the same as a rental.  

Best option, diesel, bike lift, tow car in enclosed trailer.  

Thanks for the nice comments on the book.  If you get a chance, please leave a comment.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
automedicmobile
Back
Top Bottom