Moab's La Sal Mtns. in the fall

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ron from Big D

Moderator Emeritus
Hi gang:

Just thought I'd make you eat your heart out for missing the La Sal Mountains in the fall.  We never get to see them like this at the rally in May.

Please enjoy the photos  :)

Attachments

• La Sal Mtns 036 copy (Small).jpg
    La Sal Mtns 036 copy (Small).jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 79
  • La Sal Mtns 042 copy (Small).jpg
    La Sal Mtns 042 copy (Small).jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 63
  • La Sal Mtns 058 copy (Small).jpg
    La Sal Mtns 058 copy (Small).jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 59
  • La Sal Mtns 159 copy (Small).jpg
    La Sal Mtns 159 copy (Small).jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 56
  • La Sal Mtns 164 copy (Small).jpg
    La Sal Mtns 164 copy (Small).jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 61
  • La Sal Mtns 190 copy (Small).jpg
    La Sal Mtns 190 copy (Small).jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 62
Gee Ron we we talked you didn't mention you ere missing Moab already and had to go back early.  Great photos.  Thanks for sharing.

Ron from Big D said:
      Just thought I'd make you eat your heart out for missing the La Sal Mountains in the fall.  We never get to see them like this at the rally in May.

Nice pictures Ron.  The mountains around my home in Salt Lake City are not too be either.

Phil

Attachments

• canyon1.jpg
    canyon1.jpg
    237.8 KB · Views: 57
  • canyon2.jpg
    canyon2.jpg
    141.9 KB · Views: 51
Great pics guys!  I leave for PA and NY on Saturday on the bike to see the fall colors.  Tarry is out on a Red Cross assignment for 3 weeks so no need to set home, right? 

Ron and Phil

Great photos and probably one of just a few things that I miss by being in southern AZ before the leaf peeping season.

Ron & Phil,

Nice colors. Looks like that part of the country is way ahead of Southern New england. We have a few trees here and there that are turning but not colorful. Should happen about the time we leave on the 9th. :(

Jim Dick said:
Ron & Phil,
Nice colors. Looks like that part of the country is way ahead of Southern New england. We have a few trees here and there that are turning but not colorful. Should happen about the time we leave on the 9th. :(

Jim,

Our red season near Salt Lake City lasts only about week.  It's over in the high mountains and peaking now in the low canyons.  We lucked out last weekend with beautiful weather and the red season at the same time.  All my pictures are within a 1/2 hour drive from my house.

The yellows will be around for 2 or 3 more weeks.  Not too bad for living in the desert.  ;D

Phil

Attachments

• canyon3.jpg
    canyon3.jpg
    190.2 KB · Views: 42
  • canyon4.jpg
    canyon4.jpg
    147.9 KB · Views: 44
Southwest Colorado is also peeking this week.  We've been debating jumping in the motorhome and taking a short Fall Color trip in the San Juans but the La Salle's look pretty darn good!

Wendy

Phil

Great pics especially the second one which is outstanding.

Dang y'all, all those fall color events are pretty awesome.  We have lots of brown here in South Texas too.  But it's the grass that's all dried up because it's been 104 degrees for the last week, and no rain in sight.  Haven't had any appreciable rain for quite a long time.  But the pool sure feels nice!

Phil said:
The yellows will be around for 2 or 3 more weeks.  Not too bad for living in the desert.  ;D

Not bad at all, Phil! Usually all the colors are out at the same time in NE though some might start a little early. There are some yellows showing up now but not many. Rain will kill the show as many leaves are knocked off the branches. I think NE has some of the most gorgeous color displays in the fall but Utah definitely has the prettiest scenery of all the states.

Jim Dick said:
I think NE has some of the most gorgeous color displays in the fall but Utah definitely has the prettiest scenery of all the states.

Jim,

You guys in the northeast are spoiled.  You have so many different types of trees and enough humidity to make them pretty.  We have very few trees that go red in the fall and they all seem to do it on the same day.

We do have many spectacular mountains and I really love this area.  It's nice to look out my kitchen window at a nice 10,000 foot mountain.  The mountain I see from the living room window is only 9,000 feet high.  ;D

Phil

Phil,

Yes, a large variety of trees but it sure gives one claustrophobia once they come back from out west. :) We never really "see" the mountains here.

We're in the mountains above Cedar City, and it's pretty gorgeous here, too.  Must take some pics :)

Phil said:
Nice pictures Ron.? The mountains around my home in Salt Lake City are not too be either.

Phil

Peggy, that answers a question I just asked in another topic  :)

Back
Top Bottom