Crescent City is for sea lions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rhmahoney

Moved 20 miles south today, missed the turn off to the city CG?they have no sign next to the highway anymore. Made do with the harborside CG@$26.00. 30 amps, flat, no trees.

Just east of town is a delightful drive on a narrow twisty 15 MPH road through the redwoods. The roof window was extra nice. In the evening, a mob of sea lions were feeding in the marina.

Attachments

• P1090534.jpg
    P1090534.jpg
    127.1 KB · Views: 25
  • P1090535.jpg
    P1090535.jpg
    127.7 KB · Views: 25
  • P1090516.jpg
    P1090516.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 25
  • 20091007_Crescent_ci_756FEC.jpg
    20091007_Crescent_ci_756FEC.jpg
    145.3 KB · Views: 26
Russ: 

Looks like your drive through the redwoods may have been in Jed Smith State Park ... or close?  When you reported in from Blanding, I thought you might already be in Utah.  Were you in Brookings by any chance?  I had hoped we would see you again before you left Oregon.

We're headed south for a few days soon.  We'll be in Monterey, CA on the 17th to visit with family, then will head back home.  Most family gatherings lately seem to be either for weddings or funerals.  This one is the sad variety, but we have a new addition to the family expected on October 22nd.    Life goes on ...

Margi

"Looks like your drive through the redwoods may have been in Jed Smith State Park ... or close?    We'll be in Monterey, CA on the 17th to visit with family, then will head back home."

Yes, that state park. Tomorrow will drive down to S end of redwoods and look at the former great boondocking spot on the beach.

I will be departing Monterey on the 17th to arrive at Buellton on the 18th for a rally. Can't miss an opertunity to go to the best aquarium ever!

rhmahoney said:
Moved 20 miles south today, missed the turn off to the city CG?they have no sign next to the highway anymore. Made do with the harborside CG@$26.00. 30 amps, flat, no trees.

Russ

Sorry you missed the turnoff. It is the first exit in the traffic circle as you leave "downtown" southbound. Don't miss the sea mammal rescue facility at the north end of the park, just south of the lighthouse.

Back
Top Bottom