New Winnebago Journey Express

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rickandcheryl

Looking for information on the new Journey Express, as we are considering one. Would like all the good, the bad and the ugly from all you good Winnebago owners. I know you have opinions!

rickandcheryl said:
I know you have opinions!

WHAT????  Not us!  ;D

I haven't heard of an owner of the new Journey's over here, BUT I have at my work, and it's my understanding that the "express" is the Journey of last year's style, and the "regular" (not sure I have the name right) Journey is a new style.  ???

Good to hear from you!

Accordding to the Winnebago website it looks as if they just split out the smaller floorplans/chassis/engine/price tag into the Express line for 2010.  The "Journey" line now only seems to carry the 40 footers so I would imagine whatever history that you hear of with the Journeys would be no different with the Express. Just an assumption on my part.

Went to the big Pomona, Ca. RV Show yesterday to see a new Journey Express and was disappointed to find out that they won't even start production of this model until around the first of the year. At least that's what the dealer there told us. Has anyone seen one of these?

Typical dealer. If his mouth is moving..... ;D

Here's a link to one on  a dealer's lot if Florida.

Huh?  Isn't the Express the shorter 2 Journey's? That's a 40'

According to the Winnie web page the Express floorplans are the 34Y and the 39N. The pictures are of the 39N and Lazydays has 2 34Ys coming.

In assume the Itasca Meridians will follow the same suit.  Not much choice in length if they are going to jump from 34' to 39', or just go to a 40' like all the other manufacturers seem to be going.  We have a 36', and the 34' is too short and doesn't offer the same options, but the 39' is definitely longer than we would need.  Guess we better plan on keeping our 2004 for a few more years.  Was hoping to trade for a new one next year but guess not now.
Thanks for all the good updates on Winnebago.

Wagonmaster2
2004 Meridian 36G

The movement seems clearly headed to longer and wider RVs, but nobody has told the campgrounds this  ::).  I love the room we have, but we are at a disadvantage for lots of non-commercial campgrounds (and lots of older commercial campgrounds.)  We have however adapted nicely to having 40' of a vehicle to horse around and wouldn't want to downsize at this point.

We are looking for a shorter diesel pusher to up grade to. Our main concern is that if the coach is longer then about 37 feet, it won't fit in our driveway. Can't have it hanging out over the sidewalk. Also, my wife has very specific wants in the floor plan.

rickandcheryl said:
We are looking for a shorter diesel pusher to up grade to. Our main concern is that if the coach is longer then about 37 feet, it won't fit in our driveway. Can't have it hanging out over the sidewalk. Also, my wife has very specific wants in the floor plan.

Plus, if you have any thoughts of RV trips to Mexico, having a pre 07 diesel engine allows you to use the diesel fuel sold in Mx.  In these terms, the pre 07's are very attractive, especially the shorter ones...

Back
Top Bottom