HOWDY FROM GOODLETT, TX

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jackliz

Howdy, Framily.
We are parked at the Ole Town Cotton Gin RV Park in Goodlett, TX. We were going to go to Lake Texoma but the weather just wouldn't cooperate with Jack's fishing plans.  :mad:  :mad:  We decided to wait here until our mail could get here from SKP mail in Livingston, TX.

It is cold and the wind is REALLY cold. At 2:42 PM, Texas time, the sun has finally shown it's face. In spite of the weather, Jack, the die hard fisherman, goes fishing every morning at Copper Breaks State Park. It is about a 20-30 minute drive one way. He has been sucessful, kinda sorta.  ;)  The fish are not of keeper size.

I sometimes visit with Norma, the park owner who tells me all kinds of historical facts and trivia about the local area. I.E., whose family has lived here for 100+ years, where we can see a old stone house that was built in the 1800's, and check out an old wooden trestle bridge that crosses the Red River.  BTW, that river is virtually dry, the riverbed is exposed and it is a pinkish-red color. The Red River is shown as an "indefinite boundary" between Texas and Oklahoma in the Texas Atlas.  :) 

Yesterday, we had a rain and hail shower. That was dramatic. Some of the hailstones were pea-sized and some were marble sized. No damage to the "tank" or to the Jeep.  ;D  Jack was cool and calm throughout the event!!

There is a Lone Star Bird rally starting on the 16th in Perrin,TX, not too far from here. We haven't made up our mind about attending.

Anyway, that is the news from the Pearces. Hope y'all are doing ok.  Attaching photos.

Jack and Liz and Oreo, the Escape cat.

Attachments

• Oh hail (Medium).JPG
    Oh hail (Medium).JPG
    175.5 KB · Views: 20
  • Cool and Calm (Large).JPG
    Cool and Calm (Large).JPG
    72.7 KB · Views: 23

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members