Crescent City to Ukiah

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rhmahoney

Next day did main redwood parks in lots of fog patches. I must learn how to take bracketed shots from a tripod for high definition processing. Pics among the huge trees with late afternoon sun has just too much dynamic range.

On departure day chatted with couple who parked beside me in a Foretravel. They are from just outside Des Moines and are learning how to full-time.

The drive down to Ukiah on 101 was a blast. Drove like I was in my Porsche (only much slower)(and did not hit anything)! Ignored the possibility of sewer gas intrusion and opened the driver side window to enjoy the jake brake sound?yahoo!

In Ukiah, found a real truck stop ($2.79/gal with cash discount). I ran it a bit close having not fueled since Eugene, took almost 92 gal. I took that exit because the signs listed Diesel and a CG. The Cg was only 3 blocks beyond and $25 for full H/U, 50 amp, pull through, and no trees. Redwood Empire fair CG 707-462-3884.

rhmahoney said:
The drive down to Ukiah on 101 was a blast. Drove like I was in my Porsche (only much slower)(and did not hit anything)!

The redwood trees definitely have the right of way on that route; the road goes around them.  As it should ... they've been there longer.  :D 

We drove that route in our (then new) Bounder on our maiden voyage back home from Arizona to Northern California (Redding) before we had the Jacobs Extarder installed.  Traversing that route was a major contributer to our decision to go ahead and install the Jake.  One of our better decisions.  :D

Margi

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozgal
Back
Top Bottom