video control box

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tallyo

I have a 2007 Adventurer ( TV located mid ship). I am trying to remove the video control box ( located front right cabinet) which appears to be clamped down, with rivets holding the clamps in place. Anyone know how to get the box out so I can connect the cables for a converter box installation?

I have to be missing something here?

Can you actually see a clamp holding the box down? The video selector box in many(most?) Winnies is held down with industrial strength velcro.

Yes, they are at least 3 inches across each side of control box, similar to this.... Clamp-------->[  box    ] <-------Clamp

Wow! I've never heard of Winnie making such a permanent install of that box before. If you don't get an answer here today, call Winnie (800-537-1885) tomorrow and they should be able to help...

tomsm said:
Wow! I've never heard of Winnie making such a permanent install of that box before. If you don't get an answer here today, call Winnie (800-537-1885) tomorrow and they should be able to help...

I was a wee bit surprised myself; but as I recall when they set up the satellite stuff, the installer had the box out and I don't remember him having any big to do about taking it out and then putting it back in!!

Less the O/P purchased new it might not have been Winnie

Suggestion: You need an inspection mirror.. Two or three options here.. I have a mirror about 1" by 2" I got somewhere (Dollar store perhaps) I clamp it on a metal ruler and bend as needed to inspect..  You can also get Inspection mirrors (Look like Dental mirrors but may be larger) at auto parts and tool stores.

Using a mirror inspect the brackets, How to remove may become clear

Page 2:

They may be stuck down with nothing more than Velcro

WOW!  Mine also is secured with velcro.

I have no clue how they could have used rivets on yours in that small of an area.

Ok gang the mystery is solved...................

I am the OP................the box simply slides into the brackets which have stops on the back side with the covering panel holding the box in...........except.............they had "sticky stuff" on the 4 pad feet on the box. I generally am not one to try and force things; but in this case a lot more than a gentle tug and the box moved forward..........

My assumption is that the rivets were installed prior to the shelve(metal) being installed. I did note another small box was held down with Velcro..

Having talked with Winnebago service folks in the past, I have been led to believe that not all installations are exactly alike.....different installers tend to do slightly different things....

But who knows?????..................Only the Shadow knows!!!

Thanks again folks for all the input.......

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Davidomero
Back
Top Bottom