Mahoney's migration plan

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rhmahoney

Summer has gone, harvest has started here in Iowa. Today was cold and rainy. Time to move on to Arizona!

Friday, 9/30-Wed, 10/5...Iowa City Iowa to say farewell to cousins.
Thurs, 10/6-Wed, 10/12...Des Moines, final Dr visits
Thurs 10/13...353 miles. depart to El Dorado KS, visit SCUBA buddy
Fri 10/14...670 miles, Texoma
Sat 10/15...1020 miles, Belin, visit Maxwells
Sun 10/16...1490 miles, Happy Trails, via Camp Verde

My mind simply boggles at a traveling day in my motorhome of more than 1000 miles.

Have a safe trip-don't fall asleep at the wheel.

Ciao,

Doug

DougJ said:
My mind simply boggles at a traveling day in my motorhome of more than 1000 miles.

Have a safe trip-don't fall asleep at the wheel.

Ciao,

Doug

I think Russ has listed his accumlative miles not the miles driven each day except for the first real travel day which was 353 miles.  Total milage to Happy trails will be 1490.

Ron is correct, I will "only" do 350-400 miles/day on this trip. When in travel mode I still have a dickins of a time forcing myself to limit the length of travel.

Gpt down to 39 F here overnight. Have furnace on. Tomato season now officially done. Another migration signal given.

John Maguire called me last night. He will be in Needles, CA 3 weeks starting mid Oct anagain most of December on a job for Ratheom.

Hi Russ

Have a safe trip and greet the Maxwells for us

Thanks Ron & Russ for setting me straight on the miles travelled per day--about 350.

Now if you make that 350 KILOMETERS, then you've got the distance that represents a busy day for me and my wife.

Russ mentions having the furnace on.  I was in Seattle last weekend (went to the Huskies vs. Notre Dame football game) with friends.  The motorhome was parked outside their house and I was in boondocking mode.  Had the furnace on each night for it was getting down to about 10 Celsius each night.  But back home Fall had been coming right after Labour Day weekend.  The mornings in the Okanagan Valley (wife and I had gone there for our annual Fall trip) were crisp and there was that kind of "Fall smell" and "Fall light" in the air.  Way east and down by the 49th there were several inches of snow.  The harbingers of Fall were indeed all about.

Ciao,

Doug

Back
Top Bottom