Quartzsite 06 Forum Rally

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
JamesOne said:
This is a satelite photo of the area. If you look closely near the bottom of the photo you will see a square with a + in the center. I was told this is where we would meet. Is that correct?

Interesting shot, James. I would say the plus sign in the square is pretty close to our site. Have you seen the directions link on this site -- and if so, do I have your name there as attending? Let me know as we only have about 10,596 acres of space remaining.  :)

http://www.rvspacemanager.com/quartzsite06.htm

Ron said:
I have only been to one Western area FMCA rally and I was not so impressed.  Didn't even come close to any National FMCA rally we have attended.

Ron

But when was the last time you went to either a National rally or the Western area ??? ;D ??? ;D They've both changed a lot.

We only missed one Western Area rally in the last 7 years and have had a great time at them all. Will be at this upcoming one also.

BernieD said:
Ron

But when was the last time you went to either a National rally or the Western area ??? ;D ??? ;D They've both changed a lot.

We only missed one Western Area rally in the last 7 years and have had a great time at them all. Will be at this upcoming one also.

Last Western Rally we attended was probably about 4 years ago.  From the report I got from a couple in this park who attended last year it didn't sound like it had improved but then their report may have reflected their disappointment.  It has been maybe 6 years since we attended a National but that is only because the location or timing didn't fit our plans.  I would like to get to another National FMCA rally but the Western Area FMCA rally is not someting I would go out of may way to get to.

Smoky said:
Does anyone have the dates of the big gem show in QZ?? We are hoping it is within a week or two of the forum rally.

Your hopes are granted.  The Quartzsite 2006 schedule can be found at: http://www.quartzsite.com/

Thanks Ron!

If I am reading the schedule correctly, it looks like there are several gem shows, all of them running while we are there, and one of them running a full two months January through Februrary.  Woot!

Smoky the Quartzsite Pow Wow Gem and Mineral Show is Jan 25-29 which the best and is during the week of the rally.  It is posted in the Nov/Dec issues of the SKP mag. 

Bob,  Please add Rich and Kay Arnold from Calif. to the list.  We expect to be at QZ on the 25th.  Looking forward to meeting all of the forum members.  Kay

RREngr said:
Bob,? Please add Rich and Kay Arnold from Calif. to the list.? We expect to be at QZ on the 25th.? Looking forward to meeting all of the forum members.? Kay

Glad to hear you will be attending the QZ rally.  Looking forward to meeting you.

RREngr said:
Bob,? Please add Rich and Kay Arnold from Calif. to the list.? We expect to be at QZ on the 25th.? Looking forward to meeting all of the forum members.? Kay

Hello Kay:

Your names are on the list -- glad you will be able to attend. What part of CA are you from?

http://www.rvspacemanager.com/quartzsite06.htm

Hi Bob,  We live in Rancho Cucamonga, Ca.  (That's a fun word to say, isn't it?)  It's sort of between Pasadena and San Bernardino.  Looking forward to meeting  all of you.  I am glad to be able to be with seasoned boondockers our first time doing that, otherwise I would worry about the winds and possible flash floods in the desert!  We only get to be there three days since Rich is not retired yet, but we are excited about getting to go to our first rally.  Kay

Hi Kay,

We are from the San Diego area around Fallbrook, and used to live in Diamond Bar  So we know right where Rancho Cucamunga is....welcome!  This will be our first time going to Quartsite also.  We've been on the forum for several years and have gone to the Moab Rallies.  You will be in good hands.  Looking forward to meeting you both.

Marsha~

We only get to be there three days since Rich is not retired yet, but we are excited about getting to go to our first rally.

Three days is better than 0 days.  We are glad you are coming.  Its great that the Lassens will be there too.  Looking forward to seeing you guys.

RREngr said:
Hi Bob,? We live in Rancho Cucamonga, Ca.? (That's a fun word to say, isn't it?)? It's sort of between Pasadena and San Bernardino.? Looking forward to meeting? all of you.? I am glad to be able to be with seasoned boondockers our first time doing that, otherwise I would worry about the winds and possible flash floods in the desert!? We only get to be there three days since Rich is not retired yet, but we are excited about getting to go to our first rally.? ?Kay

Thank you, Kay - I hang out in NCal (Sacto/Roseville area) when not on the road. If it were not for my Kaiser health plan, would probably move to NV or AZ.

Yes, many of those attending QZ are seasoned boondockers -- and also, some hate it (no hookups) but don't want to miss out on the fun with other attendees from the RVForum. I love it, myself.  Building a campfire out on the desert surrounded by friends under the AZ skies is something that cannot be duplicated hooked up in an RV park. For some reason, some dislike long lines, dust, rationed use of water, occassional wind, waiting several hours to dump and other minor stuff like that.  ???

Hope the pics I posted on my web page of flash floods didn't cause any alarm. The floods if they happen are pretty much contained in the washes that have been carved over the years -- and unless someone foolishly tries to walk or drive them during a rain storm, should not be of concern. We make good use of them as short cuts to avoid the crowds when they are dry.

Bob:

You mentioned Kaiser.  Would thsat be Kaiser Permanente?  We are with them and are VERY concerned that there is no facility near Phoenix.  We think very highly of them as they saved my wife's life against prohibitive odds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom