Quartzsite 06 Forum Rally

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well,, if Al is going to QZ, I guess you'd better count us out. Nah, just kidding  ;D  Looking forward to seeing you both there Al. Don't think we'll get Dave to rough it though.

Will you be going to Moab also? Lots to do and places to go there.

Tom said:
Well,, if Al is going to QZ, I guess you'd better count us out. Nah, just kidding? ;D? Looking forward to seeing you both there Al. Don't think we'll get Dave to rough it though.

Will you be going to Moab also? Lots to do and places to go there.

You Betcha!? I just called for a reservation and they will call me back.

Helaine & Wally said:
Bob,
We will be there too, and I am bringing my whistle!
Helaine

Great, Helaine. The party was sure getting out of hand with rowdies such as Karl and I -- so bringing your whistle I'm sure will once again restore order . . .? ;)

Some thoughts for those attending for the first time. I have added a "Preparation" topic to the Quartzsite page so check it out. Those who have been there before, let me know if I have left anything out - and for those attending for the first time, let me know of questions you have so I can add to the list.

www.rvspacemanager.com/quartzsite06.htm

Big Rigs: I notice that a number of the pictures of prior events (mostly those taken by me on my site/s) show many "big rig" RVs. Those do NOT display a true picture of the variety of rigs attending. Mine is a Class C -- plus travel trailers, fifth wheels, and truck campers attend every year. So whatever you are diving or pulling -- come and join us.

BernieD said:
Bob

Didn't notice the "Preparation" topic ??? ??? ???

I "knew" I should have uploaded to the website before posting here -- you were about 5 pico-seconds too fast for me, Bernie. Please try again . . .

For those that don't want to wait out the lines at the dump stations, there is a honey wagon that will come out to the desert and empty holding tanks for $10 ( that was what I paid a few years ago).  There is also a water wagon but it contains more chlorine than most swimming pools.

From reading Bob's web site then it appears if I show up on say the 18th or the 17th I can dump and fill before parking w/o problems (A good tihng) I'll do my best to come in full (Water/LP) and empty (Used water) however.

I see Bob has added me to the attendees list, and it appears his web page's prep page answers most all my remaining questions

See you next year folks,,, eye to eye that is

Ned said:
there is a honey wagon that will come out to the desert and empty holding tanks for $10

But the guy drives through so fast he was gone before I could even get out of my chair.

The honey wagon has a phone number you can call for service.  I believe it's printed on the truck.

Ned said:
I believe it's printed on the truck.

That's my point - he goes by too fast to be able to read the darn number. Maybe we need to hoist a red flag when a dump is needed. Or maybe we should pre-arrange a group dump at a pre-determined time; Those that need to dump, can and those that don't, won't. But we still need his number to make the arrangement.

Now I come to think of it, I had q a QZ directory around here somewhere. There's also the QZ web site of course, but didn't see his ad there.

Tom said:
Maybe this photo presents more of a balanced perspective.

I take notice of the fact that the photo conveniently omits any possibly distressing images of trailer trash over in the Towed Ghetto.  ;D

Carl Lundquist said:
I take notice of the fact that the photo conveniently omits any possibly distressing images of trailer trash

Dunno about conveniently Carl. Here's a photo I took of the rally site when we arrived. The only trailer in sight is the 5er in the distance and IIRC it wasn't part of our group. Pretty tough to take photos of non-existent rigs  ;D

Attachments

• site_entry.jpg
    site_entry.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 23
Bob Buchanan said:
I "knew" I should have uploaded to the website before posting here -- you were about 5 pico-seconds too fast for me, Bernie. Please try again . . .

Bob

Sorry to have pre-empted you. It looks good.

John In Detroit said:
From reading Bob's web site then it appears if I show up on say the 18th or the 17th I can dump and fill before parking w/o problems (A good tihng) I'll do my best to come in full (Water/LP) and empty (Used water) however.

John

If you can't dump beforehand, I'd just come as you are. The lines at the dump are there the whole month, so you'll probably have about an hour wait. You can always drive over, it's about 2 miles each way, when you do fill up or run out of water. Marlene and I look at it as together time  ;D

John,

>>If you can't dump beforehand, I'd just come as you are. <<

If all else fails there is a place in town on 95 north of the freeway where you can dump and get water that is not too expensive and the lines may not be as long.  We usually get propane there sometime during our AZ stay.

Time to change the record Ron. The Moab experience was 2004 and we lasted the duration at QZ. In fact, one of the vintage QZ folks lasted only 2 days before having to go dump.

Tom said:
Time to change the record Ron. The Moab experience was 2004 and we lasted the duration at QZ. In fact, one of the vintage QZ folks lasted only 2 days before having to go dump.

You did good Tom we were proud of you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom