Quartzsite 06 Forum Rally

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bob,

I didn't see Smoky and Sharon Sheppard on the attendees list.  After all Tom made special arrangements for the 50 amp site to be reserved for them.  Please add them as the last heard they are planning on being there.

Ron said:
I didn't see Smoky and Sharon Sheppard on the attendees list.  After all Tom made special arrangements for the 50 amp site to be reserved for them.

That was before we found out that Smoky did not have a printer on board.  ;D

But he does have an ironing board should anyone feel inclined to press something.

Wendy

Ron said:
Bob,

I didn't see Smoky and Sharon Sheppard on the attendees list.? After all Tom made special arrangements for the 50 amp site to be reserved for them.? Please add them as the last heard they are planning on being there.

I double checked and didn't see his request, Ron -- did I miss it somewhere?  ??? All the names I have posted so far have been in response to posts here or private by that indiviual or couple. Have you installed his dish yet -- and has he set it up on his own on the road as yet?

Smoky set up in Chester, Mt.? Had trees in McCall, Id? He may be well on his way to Kanab, UT.? I am not sure he made a formal request but I do know they plan on attending.  After all they get the only 50 Amp full hookups this year since Tom made those special arrangements.

Since we are newcomers, can you give us some information about the rally.  If we want to attend, do we need to contact someone to sign up?  I think someone mentioned it was in January.  What date?  It sounds like it would be allot of fun, and a good chance to meet some of you.  Kay

Hi Kay,

There's no formal signup for the Quartzsite rally, but forum member Bob Buchannan is keeping a tally of who's planning on coming. I merged your message into this topic, which I know Bob is following. Bob will hopefully see your message and add you to the list. You can check out some details of the rally, dates, directions, and other QZ-related information at Bob's web site: http://www.rvspacemanager.com/quartzsite06.htm

Ron said:
.  After all they get the only 50 Amp full hookups this year since Tom made those special arrangements.

Ah, yes, "the only 50 amp hookup in thousands of miles of dessert"

I should mention... Give me a 50 amp hookup and I can pass 30 amps on to others (2 others in fact provided we are very economical inside the rig)

May need a co-pilot for my wife for a couple of trips to Pheonix airport  She does not like freeways w/o a co-pilot

RREngr said:
Since we are newcomers, can you give us some information about the rally.? If we want to attend, do we need to contact someone to sign up?? I think someone mentioned it was in January.? What date?? It sounds like it would be allot of fun, and a good chance to meet some of you.? Kay

Glad to hear you will be attending.  Tom has given you a link to Bobs site that provides all the information including dates.  This is a great RV Forum event and we are sure you will enjoy it.  Looking forward to meeting you at Quartzsite RV Forum rally.

John In Detroit said:
Ah, yes, "the only 50 amp hookup in thousands of miles of dessert"

May need a co-pilot for my wife for a couple of trips to Pheonix airport  She does not like freeways w/o a co-pilot

John

I have the 20 amp site, but it includes phone and cable ;D ;D

Tell your wife that the drive to Sky Harbor is very simple. Get on I-10 at Exit 19 in QZ, get off at exit 149 in Phoenix, takes you right into the airport- 130 miles.

Richard Sharp has contributed a great aerial shot of the RVForum rally site at QZ for inclusion on the web page I have posted. It is the last picture on the page at the end of the Directions segment.

Check it out . . .

www.rvspacemanager.com/quartzsite06.htm

Thank you Richard. BTW, Richard and Linda will be attending.

Bob, Your doing a great job there. Thanks,? Should make it easier for the new folks to find us with your excellent directions.? Thanks to Richard Sharp for sending in the aerial shot.
Others that are attending QZ that aren't listed are Peter Jason (NV), Frank & Barb Weimert (MI), and John from Detroit (MI).? Also think Brewers are going to be there this year. I hope George & Pam will be there too.

Hi Bob,

Add Chris & Mimy Pennings  CA.  to the Q-zite list.

In case you visit your brother in Almaden Valley during December send me an E-mail and we may be able to get together.

Chris

Ron said:
Bob, Your doing a great job there. Thanks,? Should make it easier for the new folks to find us with your excellent directions.? Thanks to Richard Sharp for sending in the aerial shot.
Others that are attending QZ that aren't listed are Peter Jason (NV), Frank & Barb Weimert (MI), and John from Detroit (MI).? Also think Brewers are going to be there this year. I hope George & Pam will be there too.

Thanks, Ron -- I was about to write back that Terry and Betty were already on the list, but decided to check again. The age thing again.  :(  Actually, John and Judy Davis from Detroit are already on the list.

Bob Buchanan said:
Thanks, Ron -- I was about to write back that Terry and Betty were already on the list, but decided to check again. The age thing again.? :(? Actually, John and Judy Davis from Detroit are already on the list.

I knew John & Judy were already on the list guess the CRS thing is really bad this time of year.  I should have mentioned Al & Vel Woods will be there so please add them to the list.

chris said:
Hi Bob,

Add Chris & Mimy Pennings? CA.? to the Q-zite list.

In case you visit your brother in Almaden Valley during December send me an E-mail and we may be able to get together.

Chris

Good Morning . . .

Yes, your name is added. Glad to read that you will be returning to QZ this spring. Current plans are to be in San Jose -- so will contact you if possible. Sometimes my stay there is short with tons of family to visit.

Bernie has brought info on the 2005/2006 LTVA rate structure to my attention. I have modified the FEE: line on the web page to read:

Fees: The fee for one week this year is $25.00 payable at the ranger station. You can purchase additional weeks. The fee for the entire season is $125 (September 15th thru April 15th). Golden Eagle, Golden Age, and Golden Access Passport discounts DO NOT apply to LTVA (Long Term Visitor Areas) fees.
http://www.rvspacemanager.com/quartzsite06.htm

Thanks, Bernie . . .

BernieD said:
John
I have the 20 amp site, but it includes phone and cable ;D ;D

Hi Bernie,
I guess that leaves me with the "cheepo" 20 amp site, It only has water and sewer plus the 20 amp. :-[ :-[

Jerry

Ron:

Thanks for getting us signed up during my Internet outage.  BTW I will be trying again tomorrow to get back on line via satallite.

Phil... we now have a printer on board so we should still have first dibs on the 50 amp site.  Besides the printer we will also be bringing our DW Internet sat with a wireless router to assist those needing Internet access.  :D

Bob, great web site you have there.  When you get time, would you please change the spelling of our last name from Sheppard to Shepherd.  Also can you show us from both Montana and Maryland since this year we lived in both states as official domicile.  Thanks!

jerryarlyne said:
I guess that leaves me with the "cheepo" 20 amp site, It only has water and sewer plus the 20 amp. :-[ :-[

Jerry

After seeing your site, my developer installed the premium utility package, but he missed on the 50amp ;D ;D ;D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom